MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:08 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Ball Reaction
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:26 am 

Is the reaction of Motiv bowling balls basically smoother than pretty much all other reactives on the market? I'm just trying to get a feel for what I could expect from these, should I choose to buy one. They sound really good to me, but some reviews I've seen make a couple of the balls seem like magic.

I just kind of like the idea of smoothness and still being able to carry well because sometimes that's the best kind of reaction on tougher conditions where it's important to keep the ball in play.

Just another question while I'm at it. What's the order of strongest to weakest in terms of overall hook? I was thinking TR2, GT1, TX1, SX1. I could probably have a good arsenal with those last three. I've been trying to figure out which company I want to start using exclusively, and I'm starting to get MOTIVated.

Post subject: Re: Ball Reaction
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:18 am 

One of the comments we get from bowlers on our equipment is that it is so consistent and predictable. They attribute this to the smoother breakpoint. Even our GT1, which is very aggressive, is also smoother than some of the "jumpy" equipment on the market. Jumpy equipment is much more difficult to control, so bowlers have been telling us they score better with MOTIV.

As far as ranking the equipment, keep in mind that my following comment is with box finish. Adjusting the finish on any MOTIV ball will completely change the reaction. You can tune them easily. That being said, the SX1 is for light-medium oil, the TX1 for medium oil, the GT1 for medium-heavy oil, and the TR2 for heavy oil.

Without knowing anything about your game, my recommendation is to start out with our GT1. It is a very versatile ball that is first out of the bag for many bowlers. That ball is quite amazing. (quite tough looking to - black pearl ball with silver pearl NeoMark graphics!).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:47 pm 

I will confirm Scotts comments regarding the "tweeking" the coverstock. Hit my SX1 w/used 4000 pad & it gave me a great reaction on medium oil. Took my TR2 up w/1000 pad and it produced a little stronger move at the end of the pattern. These coverstocks are ez to alter and make a noticeable difference. However, they are all smooth, strong arching balls and not that uncontrollable 'skid/flip' you see in other balls. I can read the ball reaction and thus the lane pattern much easier w/Motiv equipment and make the necessary changes quicker to keep up with the conditions.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:57 pm 

Thank you very much. I will be keeping my eye on the company. When I'm ready for a new ball, it will likely be at the top of my list. My hope is really to like the stuff since it's a little difficult to get smoothness and good carry at the smae time. My Brunswick Avalanche Solid is probably the closest I'll ever get to that without going Motiv.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]