MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:29 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Ball Cleaning/Resurfacing
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:34 pm 

How often do you clean your ball, and what do you use to clean it? I occasionally clean my ball "The Sauce (Hammer) maybe once or twice every 2 months with rubbing alcohol. I just ordered a TR2 and I am going to baby it and I am wondering what I should use to clean it with and how often. Also would resurfacing it every once in a while do much? When I was bowling in state in for highschool, we were at this alley and there was a storm pro shop and I spoke with the worker inside and he said soaking your ball in hot water helped clean the grime off of it, has anybody tried that before?
Thanks, and I can't wait til my TR2 gets here!

Post subject: Re: Ball Cleaning/Resurfacing
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:29 am 

The TR2 coverstock soaks up oil quite a bit. I suggest using the Power Gel Clean after everytime you play and after 3-4 weeks, use the Power Gel Scuff. Place a large amount all over the ball surface and let it stand about 10 min, clean and your surface will be just like new. You can also use abralon pads with the "Scuff" to get a duller surface. This should match up perfectly. Microfiber towels used between shots to remove the oil also helps.

Hope this helps...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:50 pm 

thanks alot, I am still waiting for my TR2 to get here, I just ordered it, and I am about to order the gel scuff and gel cleaner, I will let you know how it works.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:45 pm 

Microfiber cloth after every shot, PG Clean after every set.

A good coating of PG Scuff overnight once every couple of weeks is a good idea as well. The only difficulty here is that a shiny ball doesn't always like to be scuffed.

Resurfacing is a bit foggier as far as time intervals go. It depends on the surface of the ball and the surface you are bowling on. Over time, all balls thrown on synthetics will end up worn to an equivalent Ra of approx 600 grit. For duller balls a quick touch with an Abralon pad can keep it going. Polished balls are a little more difficult to maintain without a ball spinner.

The best measure of when it is appropriate to resurface, is a significant change in performance. Dull balls won't hook as much as they once did, and shiny balls won't finish as they once did.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]