MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:35 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: MOTIV TR2 AUGUST RELEASE
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:48 pm 

The MOTIV TR2 will release August 1. We'll be getting images and other detail up on the site soon. The RG and differential are identical to the TX1 because it utilizes the same Thrust inner core design. However, the cover is much more aggressive than the TX1. Furthermore, we put an 800 sanded finish on the ball so it carves through the oil. What we want bowlers to understand is that if they buy the TR2 and find that the ball rolls out when they hit the backend, they need bring up the finish for that house. With an 800 finish, this ball will build up a ton of friction and expend a lot of energy going down the lane. This finish is for heavy oil. If you want to use this ball on medium oil, taking the finish to a 2000 or 4000 sand would be a good idea. As with all MOTIV equipment, the TR2 takes finish adjustments very well and can be tuned in for your game.

Post subject: Re: MOTIV TR2 AUGUST RELEASE
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:58 pm 

That sounds great. I have already got holes in one in my mind. I got a very interesting lay-out I am going to try. Thanks for the updates Mr. Hewitt.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:38 am 

Cannot wait to try out this 'bad boy'. I can use alittle help on the Shark pattern and some Scorpion patterns and it looks like the TR2 is just ticket. I have some coming and can't wait to give them a roll on our PBA Experience League. Every other ball Motiv has made is a winner so I don't see this one being any different.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:53 pm 

can't wait. i know it will be good for my american masters tour.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:51 pm 

That TR2 is very impressive, it is a smooth rolling ball that just eats oil, and yes you need oil to throw it. Or you need to put some polish on it. Great ball. Amazing to see a company go 4 for 4 but Motiv has.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:54 pm 

Looking forward to the TR2 and it's Aug 1 release date! Could use a little extra help on some of the higher volume stuff you see in today's world of tournament bowling. Especially being a lefty with nobody to help me break down a lane, the more I can make a dent on my own, the better!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:49 pm 

This ball is a perfect fit in great lineup of Motiv bowing. I drilled 2 of these already and both balls love oil!! The TR2 is special in that it not only reads the lane earlier than an SX1 or TX1 but it still has great continuation throughout the pin deck.
Both balls I have punched up for ppl I didnt drill super strong and the ball still read the oil better than anything else they had in their bag.
I have always been a fan of a dull surface as I can control the ball easier with hand positions and smaller lateral moves. But this ball is definitly going to be a success in my area as the local center puts out some serious head oil for their fresh house shot. And its not often you get a ball to read the oil like this and still have super continuation in the back. Thanks again MOTIV for a great product!!!
TJ TROUT
PBA East Regional Member
Vise Grip Staff member
Owner of Keglers Pro Shop

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:39 pm 

:idea: when taming the TR2 please try to polish the ball at 800 first i noticed a huge change in reaction just by doing that. Used Motive ball polish on the spinner and even at 800 with polish got at least 2 more feet of length. If it still sets up to early then go to a higher grit abralon. I've seen the ball at 2000 and seen it at 4000 reacts like the GT1, 800 with a polish gives me that little extra that i need like, like with carry down where you need the strength of a solid to get back to the hole. Then when the lanes open up move inside or go down a ball.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:54 pm 

Ok ,let's get one thing perfectly clear,the TR2 is truly a heavy oil ball.
Don't let the hook rating confuse use into believing that is anything
other than what it is.I have seen first hand how much this ball hooks.This ball has been used on the U.S.Open pattern and Masters pattern,
and it makes it easy to control the condition.Rating are based on entire lane and back end .This ball bites where it needs to ,at the mid-lane.
The TR2 should not be compared to other oil balls the have larger hook
ratings.This ball shines on oil ,buy one and find out for yourself.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]