MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:06 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Nationals Arsenal
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:01 pm 

The one thing I see is alot of large drilling angles. You need some stuff kicked out to get the ball to finish.

Look into punching a few 30 to 45 driling angles.

Alot of what you have is a modified label leverage drill, kicking the cg back towards the track sometimes makes the balls too blendy on the back and they don't carry right for some people. A straight stack like your SR2 makes em smooth with a little more pop. Kicking the cg out like your QZ1P makes them turn up and finish harder.

Most of the SR2s I was drilling and guys were liking, were variations of 45x30@4.25, with a P3 or P4 hole.

For kicks, try taking your purple QZ down to 500 or 1000 and try it on some oil before you head off to the the tournament.

If you want something silly strong, get a TR2 and pop a 30x45@ 4.75" on it, box surface.

Let me know if you need any more info, sorry for the delayed response, last couple of days have been busy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:29 pm 

Ok....

I practiced on the Nationals pattern tonight (Same surface, older machine - but one guy who has been to Reno said it played similar).

results... same ole same ole... TR2 rolls great early then doesn't finish, even on Fresh, unless I point it - then 4 or a 10. I changed box finish to 1000 AB over 350 AB to give it more early "teeth".

Then tried SR2 - I love this ball, but same result - strong mid lane but not a lot of kick. With hight RG and pin up, I thought would finish harder, but not much luck. I changed surface to 500 AB, then 1000AB with Power scuff.

here was the pleasant surprise - had a GREAT look, even on the fresh with a box finish GT1 (even with the CG in the middle of the grip). It was strong midlane and strong off the end of the pattern. When the shot started to break down, the ball was amazing! My fear is Reno will be tighter and it won't work as well.

Ok - issue is I think I have a cover/layout problem with the TR2 and SR2 (with my tilt). I can not drill anything new before the trip, so what do i do? First thought is to flip the 2 covers - make the TR2 the longer one (cover wise) and dull down the SR2, but I don't know.

All I need is the ball to face up early (game and a half or so) of team and maybe for the BTM tourney long, flat pattern. Maybe a 500AB QZ1P will be the answer. I will try that in practice next week.

Thanks in advance for everyone's imput...

Jeff

Reno in 3 weeks - woo hoo!!!

300 X 20
800 X 10

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:52 am 

catinthehat300 wrote:
here was the pleasant surprise - had a GREAT look, even on the fresh with a box finish GT1 (even with the CG in the middle of the grip). It was strong midlane and strong off the end of the pattern. When the shot started to break down, the ball was amazing! My fear is Reno will be tighter and it won't work as well.

That GT has a strong cover, and because of the lower differential block the leverage pin creates a similar amount of flare to a length drilling on the other balls. The GT is really an interesting ball to set up and layout, it is very unique in today's stronger is better market. My personal favorite, my 2 300's came out of that ball. I'd like to see a GR2 someday.

catinthehat300 wrote:
All I need is the ball to face up early (game and a half or so) of team and maybe for the BTM tourney long, flat pattern. Maybe a 500AB QZ1P will be the answer. I will try that in practice next week.

Of all the layouts shown, this ball will provide the most core torque. Dull the surface and you should have a different look.

catinthehat300 wrote:
Reno in 3 weeks - woo hoo!!!

Best of luck!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:02 pm 

Thanks for your insite Justin. You knowledge of the MOTIV line and ball drilling experience is a great wealth of experience that we all appreciate.

Jeff

300 X 20
800 X 10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:43 pm 

catinthehat300 wrote:
Thanks for your insite Justin. You knowledge of the MOTIV line and ball drilling experience is a great wealth of experience that we all appreciate.

Jeff

Very kind words, thank you. Hopefully I have managed to help somewhere along the line. My goal is simply to try and help people get the results they are looking for.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2