MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:10 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: recent tournament
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:35 pm 

I made the trip over to springfield, mo for the greater ozarks open this past weekend. 30+ lanes in both centers used for the tournament and I didn't see anyone else using MOTIV gear except for me.
This was an interesting outting because of how dry the lanes played for my pairs at the singles/doubles house. I can't remember the last time I had to start out playing 40 with my feet in game 1 of 6. I was never right of 40 with my feet all day in this house. I was able to use a combo of a TX1, SX1, and QZ1red. The fronts were TOAST so the goal was to get the ball past the heads so it didn't check up at my feet. The next goal was to combat the burnt track and middle of the lane. The left side still had a bulk of oil (the lefty on my pair was playing up 10) so the result was to stay LEFT and use the left side oil to get the ball down the lane.
This resulted in two things:
1) I ended up playing 60 with my feet lofting the ball over the gutter and landing past the arrows around 38 with a QZ1red with a 5 5/8 pin polished up.
2) people were gathering around to watch me do crazy things with a bowling ball. Most people have never seen anyone attempt to play that far left.

Although the tournament didn't result in BIG scores for myself, but I did get a lot of looks at the MOTIV gear and turned some heads.

Post subject: Re: recent tournament
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:11 pm 

Was this first squad of the day? If not, someone better check the lane machine. I've started deep before but that was because it was a flat pattern and out side 10 was OB DEATH. There was however plenty up front. Pretty tough when they throw out something like that. I feel your pain.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:06 pm 

It was 2nd squad. I've played that deep before in that house, so I suppose it shouldn't be too much of a suprise to me that I had to do that, I just keep shaking my head that I had to play left of 40 with my feet ALL DAY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:27 pm 

In Albuquerque at nationals I was standing 50 over 25 for doubles. I think the guys on the lane next to me were getting pissed, till they looked at the scoreboard.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:08 pm 

Yea, the bowlers to my left were part of my teams I went down with. So they were ok with me borrowing their approach.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]