MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:27 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Sport shot Success stories
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:45 pm 

I figured we needed a topic on some Motiv success on the sport shots, being that most of the sport leagues start in the summer, in order to help guide motivated bowlers in the right direction on what was and wasn't successful for them.

Good luck and good bowling this summer.

Michael

RX1s 60x6x70
QZ2 1 inch pin to pap
Thrash 1 inch pin to pap
QZ2 BACKDRAFT 60x5x65
TZ3 70x5.5x30
Primal Impulse 90x3.5x55
Primal Impulse 75x5.5x40
Sigma Tour 80x5.5x40
Raptor Attack 95x5.25x30
Raptor P7 45x4.5x30 P1

More not listed!!!

Post subject: Re: Sport shot Success stories
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:12 pm 

First night in the PBA summer league wasn't to bad, I finished my winter PBA league a few weeks ago on a high note and parlayed that into this league.

We started on the shark tonight and it's not my best pattern, but with a change in the type of oil they are now using, it played more forgiving for me on the outside. I started using my Natural standing on 10 and rolling the ball over 5 out to the 4 board and I saw a mid lane reaction around frame 5 in the first game. After that it was GAME ON. First game was 232. Started strong in the second game then missed an easy spare, and then had three splits to fallow :cry: . I managed a 172 out of the nasty mess in the middle. In the fill shot I used my Reco drilled QZ1 moved in to 20 with my feet and rolled the ball over the 8 board at the arrows. Saw nice skid and then it started to roll in the dry I created outside of 5 and it raced back to the pocket for a solid 7 pin. I started the next game with it and moved my feet 2 boards back out, and crushed the pocket, but it went a little further down the lane then I wanted. I used it for two more shots and then switched to my leverage drilled TX1 and played the same line. It gave me the mid lane I was looking for and XXX split. Finished with filled frames then a split in the tenth, ouch. 178. 582 series with some nasty holes. The trick for me was to not hit the head pin dead on haha. If the shark was playing with this much hook it's going to be an interesting summer.

Balls used:
Strom Natural, drilled 4x4 with a hole on the axis. 800 grit opposite the flare rings.
Motiv QZ1, drilled Reco, with the worn factory surface.
Motiv TX1, drilled Leverage next to ring finger, cg out with a P2 hole. 4000 grit cross hatch

Good luck Sport bowlers

Michael (Mustard)

RX1s 60x6x70
QZ2 1 inch pin to pap
Thrash 1 inch pin to pap
QZ2 BACKDRAFT 60x5x65
TZ3 70x5.5x30
Primal Impulse 90x3.5x55
Primal Impulse 75x5.5x40
Sigma Tour 80x5.5x40
Raptor Attack 95x5.25x30
Raptor P7 45x4.5x30 P1

More not listed!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:24 am 

Used my QZ red on Tues. for the first session of my doubles PBA summer league. Shot was scorpion. Played a little swing to 15. Had a great look for the first two games and shot 242 followed by 235. In this league you then switch pairs and bowl another team. As can often happen, due to who bowls before you on the second pair, the shot was considerably different. I manged to fully implode and post scores of 146 and 140. First the lanes were very different than the first pair and each lane on the pair was like I was in a different house. Add in they were in constant transition and you end up with a hair pulling out session. With this format it is actually very difficult to put 4 good games together from my experience last year. Bad news is I can't bowl next week due to being on vacation. Actually that would be good news. :D

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:55 pm 

Practice went well yesterday on the shark. The lane guy put it out on two lanes for the sport bowlers. I spent most of my time playing forth arrow with the QZ1 and TX1. But I also found another line around second arrow with the Natural. Both gave me nice room to miss. This week I'll start by using the natural around second arrow and break down the midlane and outside part of the oil slope, then move in with the QZ1 and have more room to miss out. I took video of the last bit of practice when I broke down the pattern. I'll post it as soon at I find the software to make the video.

Gota say that my motiv equipment is giving me one hell of an edge on the sport shots this year, I'm Motivated for the league this summer, unlike the last few years with out Motiv. I finnaly have my equipment match up, and now all I need to do is surface adjustments.

Get Motivated,

Michael

RX1s 60x6x70
QZ2 1 inch pin to pap
Thrash 1 inch pin to pap
QZ2 BACKDRAFT 60x5x65
TZ3 70x5.5x30
Primal Impulse 90x3.5x55
Primal Impulse 75x5.5x40
Sigma Tour 80x5.5x40
Raptor Attack 95x5.25x30
Raptor P7 45x4.5x30 P1

More not listed!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:25 pm 

What a night. I started practice using several lines and had a good look from all of them, but started the first game standing on 19 and hitting 10 at the arrows with my Natural. That angle made the ball swing to about 8 and the ball recovered and carried almost every light hit. Had one hole in the middle with I tugged the shot and left a split, then did the same thing on the first ball in the tenth. 200. I started to see some mid lane read and moved in to 20 to 10 and had the light back. Had a great game, 235. Did the same thing the second game and had 220. 655 on the shark.

We started the matchplay tonight and the first game I had a wonderful 204 with a split and a blower 10 pin that no one could believe was standing.(lefty) My opponent had some great breaks and shot 224 at me. Oh well it happens, and I've done it myself when it counted, just not tonight.

It's amazing how some bowlers can have such an ego that when they bowl bad they start tossing their $200 balls around like toys.
I was a good sport and patted my opponents back and said "do the same thing to the next guy". If you let that sort of thing get in your head you will be hard pressed to get it out when it's all on the line.

Ball used:

Storm Natural - 4x4, 2000 grit.(I didn't want to move in this week when I was posting good numbers from out side ten).

Get Motivated,

Michael

P.S. Here is my wife's youtube account, I posted most of my old vids. I only have one motiv vid because I lost the software to splice movies from my new camera. My game has evolved a little since even the most recent vid but you'll get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/user/qtey2002

RX1s 60x6x70
QZ2 1 inch pin to pap
Thrash 1 inch pin to pap
QZ2 BACKDRAFT 60x5x65
TZ3 70x5.5x30
Primal Impulse 90x3.5x55
Primal Impulse 75x5.5x40
Sigma Tour 80x5.5x40
Raptor Attack 95x5.25x30
Raptor P7 45x4.5x30 P1

More not listed!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:31 pm 

I'm happy to report a very solid 957 (4 games) on the Shark this evening. Primarily used my SR2 playing 15 after briefly using my SX1 to start the night. And Bob Michalojoko (spelling?), knee is feeling much better after a visit to the orthopediac doc. For anyone interested, if you are having knee issues and have any kind of gel inserts in your shoes, you might want to take them out. This turned out to be causing major problems for me any way.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:38 pm 

Well last week we bowled on the shark and left my game at home. I don't know what to say other then that. I didn't execute well and the more I bowled the worse it was.

This week we started on the cheetah :D Used my Lane 1 XXXL Plastic ball, 500 grit. Played up 4 and shot 249, 183, 204 = 636. I missed four easy spares hence the 183 (missed 7 pin in the tenth). Then big 4 the last game. Back to being high average agen.

We had the matchplay again and I advanced being the top seed. 233 to 175. Advanced to finals and Won with a 201.

I practiced with my QZ1 and SX1 and had a nice look but they went about five feet to far then rocketed back. I think I need a few more to try some 2 inch pin to pap or closer. I also hope Motiv is coming out with a plactic ball and urethane soon. I need them badly.

I can't wait for the new Motiv stuff coming out.

Stay Motivated,

Michael

RX1s 60x6x70
QZ2 1 inch pin to pap
Thrash 1 inch pin to pap
QZ2 BACKDRAFT 60x5x65
TZ3 70x5.5x30
Primal Impulse 90x3.5x55
Primal Impulse 75x5.5x40
Sigma Tour 80x5.5x40
Raptor Attack 95x5.25x30
Raptor P7 45x4.5x30 P1

More not listed!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:34 pm 

Last two weeks of Chameleon went well, not great but well. Last week 587, this week 594. Needed to stay clean in the tenth but the ball checked high and left the 4,6,8,10. Ohh well still high average and now I'm the leader of the matchplay points as well. Did shoot a 269 in matchplay, my opponent shot 198 respectfully, and would have won against everyone else. I guess it was just my turn. Next week we are revisiting cheetah for two more weeks, thank god. Perhaps I can pull the 197 average back over deuce.

Until next time,

Michael

RX1s 60x6x70
QZ2 1 inch pin to pap
Thrash 1 inch pin to pap
QZ2 BACKDRAFT 60x5x65
TZ3 70x5.5x30
Primal Impulse 90x3.5x55
Primal Impulse 75x5.5x40
Sigma Tour 80x5.5x40
Raptor Attack 95x5.25x30
Raptor P7 45x4.5x30 P1

More not listed!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:57 am 

This was my first year bowling on the PBA Experience league. On top of that, the season that ended before it was my first season bowling league in about 18 years. I struggled with the Shark pattern. I tried using my TR2, but it seemed to be burning up early and I just couldn't get my normal revs on it. I ended up using another manufacturer's ball on the Shark (Brunswick Rattler drilled for a lot of backend).
I did much better on the Scorpion. I used my TR2 to tear up the oil a little bit and give myself a little more room. Then I switched to the QZ1 purple. I managed to bowl my league high (for me so far) of 274 on the Scorpion.
I'm really starting to like the Motiv equipment. If I can talk the wife into another ball (I've bought 5 since I started bowling again last September) I've got a question. The lanes I normally bowl on are fairly light (dry) on the oil, especially the outsides. What Motiv ball would you suggest that I can drill to go long with an angular, aggressive backend?

RX1 O
SR2
Cruel LE

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:37 am 

kempshark wrote:
The lanes I normally bowl on are fairly light (dry) on the oil, especially the outsides. What Motiv ball would you suggest that I can drill to go long with an angular, aggressive backend?

TZ3. Look around on line. You shold be able to find one. If not, I find a QZ red with the pin up works well for getting it down the lane with a little pop on the back.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next