MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:56 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: question for those that have gone to reno
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:17 pm 

Those of you that have been to reno this year, I've got a question for you. Did anyone try to play the rail this year? Like laying the ball down around 3? Only reason I ask is because I've got the pattern in my machine and been able to throw on it whenever I want. And I can line up with a TR2 with some surface to start out around 2/3 at the arrows and I have an awesome look. Just curious if anyone tried that this year with any success.

Post subject: Re: question for those that have gone to reno
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:55 pm 

we practiced on the pattern also, and had the gutter for a luittle bit , but Reno didn't play the same.

Even though we had same lane surface as Reno, the surface was a couple of years older. Also lane oil was a different brand and we didn't have "drop brush' technology. So, this made lanes play tighter than we practiced. The other issue will be is EVERYONE on the pair gonna play there? Reason is the oil breaks down at a decent rate. if you are the only one there (and playing it accurately) and you try to move in, you will hit the burn from everyone else. If you miss at all, you will have 3 off the right (or left) or cross over by hitting everyone else's track area.

The key is to play an area of the lane where EVERYONE is comfortable (or close) so you can break it down together and play transition together. Shot is tough game one and gets easier as it opens if people play together. "inside" - like 3rd arrow area, is better at start but gets worse as set goes. Further out (like 7-10) is preferred starting point, but is tougher at start and opens up. Backends are real clean and oil starts to push game 2 just as heads are transitioning.

Go to bowl.com and look ip forums and jeff richgels (Riggs) blogs/comments - he has a wealth of info.

Any more questions, just ask...

Jeff

300 X 20
800 X 10

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:27 pm 

Yea, our teams are on the same page with starting in the same area to break them down better, and I have no problems with big moves left as the lanes transition. I can play up the gutter or I can play 7th arrow.
Thanks for the info cat. Like I said, I was just curious if anyone had tried to go that far out with any sucess. My guys and I have a good idea of what we want to do, which is to start around 5-10. Just wanted to get a little feedback before we go in 2 weeks.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:07 am 

I tried to play the track area where everyone suggested in the blogs with very little luck.(180, 180 Start) I then moved out the the gutter and had a very good look, but could not catch a string.(1794 All Events) I was the only one playing out there and once I moved out there the shot never changed. Good Luck out there.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:19 am 

Our teams game plan was to beak down 3-4-5 and make slight moves in from there. We practiced in town and bowled the 1-2-3 tourney before we bowled Nationals. It looked like everyone we saw played in or the track it was hit or miss. What I saw was because the ball hooked early in the track area folks tried to get the ball out earlier but didn't break down the outside so the ball would wiggle.

Bowlers Universe #2 Team shot 3381 if I would have done anything the last game we would be sitting first right now. Our A team shot 3198 solid. Don't know when you go but hope this helps.

RC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:35 pm 

Team event all depends on how the lanes are broken down, but just about all the right handers who have had any success this year they have been 20 to even deeper than that. When playing the twig or a little left of that you have to be extremely accurate and most of the bowling world cant repeat that over and over again. So I would suggest getting in with something long and clean through the front and pretty strong at the back, create as much area at your break point as possible. I wish I would have listened to my own advice, 649 in team 620 in doubles trying to play the track then decided to move in and had 743 in singles 2012 all event, watched Dan MacLelland start in and just kill em. Just my opinion you gotta go for what you know......

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]