MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:52 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Why 2!!!!!1
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:16 pm 

Hey this is my 2nd questionaire about why to switch to motiv! And i was wondering what all the names mean on the balls. Example: SR2, TX1
Can someone tell me what every single ball means and why and what would be the best 3 ball arnsenal? :cry:

Post subject: Re: Why 2!!!!!1
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:04 pm 

The name is based on the core and the cover stock. ie.

GT1 - Gear Drive core (G), and MOTIVator-T coverstock (T)
SR2 - Sigma core (S), and MOTIVat-R cover (R)

etc. look at the descriptions of each ball and you will figure out the rest.

Jeff

300 X 20
800 X 10

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:21 am 

Jeff is correct w/his explanation of how Motiv labels their current line of balls. As far as "what would be the best 3 ball arsenal", that would depend on how you throw the ball. I'm more on the old school side so my ball reaction is different than say Justin who has a relatively high track & rips the cover or Dustin who has a lower track & more of a spinning motion. Both excellent bowlers just different releases & thus different ball reactions, therefore, the same ball will react different for each.

General rule, QZ1 (red) goes long w/semi-angular motion off the pattern, whereas QZ1 (purple) revs early, makes a move earlier but smoother overall reaction. SX1 similar to red QZ1 but revs quicker & makes a stronger move at the breakpoint (love this ball!) whereas the SR2 is stronger & harder turning. TX1 is a great benchmark ball especially on THS. TR2 w/800 finish is grabs the lane much sooner, more heavy rolling & meant for the 'juice'. Seen alot of these shined up w/Power Gel Polish w/good success. GT1 has a strong coverstock w/mild core. Guys that really get up on the ball love this one because it does not over-react at the breakpoint.

Hope this helps alittle. Which ever ball you choose, you will not be sorry. Good Luck!

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:39 am 

Choosing equipment is always tough in todays market. Not all bowlers are created equal. The last thing anyone wants is to drill a new door stop. The MOTIV equipment is great, I have not thrown a MOTIV ball and had it burn out and loose energy, on either a THS or the PBA patterns. It doesn't matter what the lane surface is, they all have great carry and hitting power. You can't go wrong. Each ball is for different conditions and the covers are easily adjustable. Best equipment I have thrown.

David Wilson
PBA Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:57 am 

umm.... what they said 8-)

and yeah i would say SR2, red QZ1, and GT1 for a starter without knowing anything about the style..

but brett can strike on anyting soo he picks diffrently for himself :P

Pro Consultant for NKU Bowling Club
GET MOTIVATED

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:41 am 

Purple QZ1 on the Shark pattern . . you're a freakin' beast, Spangs! I would need a 500-grit TR2 to get any reaction on that pattern. Good bowling & another check. Keep that $$ coming in. See what you do on the Cheetah tonite. :) . . . especially my 'slightly' modified version of the Cheetah. :o

Motiv Staff Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:40 am 

call em like i see em brett!! lol

ya i am the same way with my TR2's... i was a bigger fan of the SR2 but the more and more i throw the TR the more and more i like it...i used that at the beginning of the day sat. but ended with a QZ1 red..any carry the last 2 games i would of had a check with ya :D

MIC - i hope that isnt the modified cheetah like the "Modified Shark" i bowled on in my pba league...there modification........they hit the house pattern button hahahahahaha

Pro Consultant for NKU Bowling Club
GET MOTIVATED

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:41 pm 

That's ez to say Brett, when you were the only lefty & you smoked us! :lol: My typical modification for our PBA league shots entails me adding a 2-to-2 up front, maybe increasing the speed, and adding a foot to the total buff distance. This year I am running everything at 45-50 micro's. I think last year I ran them at 40-45 micro's. I do these slight changes to compensate for the wood surface and medium vescosity oil I use. Since we run tapes we check them each night. Of course next time I will run the Cheetah pattern to 44' on the WRONG side & keep it normal on the GOOD side. :o :D

Motiv Staff Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:53 pm 

I am going to have to say that the TR2 and the SR2 are the best 2 balls. I have 3 TR2's and 2 SR2's. I use the TR2 on just about any PBA pattern to start out because I want to be as straight as possible until the shot opens up and then I will change to the SR2 and move in. I just got done using the TR3 on the chameleon and I have that drilled 4X6X2.5, and it reacted better than any ball. There was a lot of oil on the outside and a little in the middle. My good friend on Columbia staff had trouble getting anything tame enough to play inside while I had and incredible look standing 44 playing 5th arrow.

Those are my top choices as of right now. That could change though depending on what I bowl on next.

PS---I drilled the SX1 reco and that is an incredible reaction on a lot of different patterns.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:13 pm 

kenbowl wrote:
I am going to have to say that the TR2 and the SR2 are the best 2 balls. I have 3 TR2's and 2 SR2's. I use the TR2 on just about any PBA pattern to start out because I want to be as straight as possible until the shot opens up and then I will change to the SR2 and move in. I just got done using the TR3 on the chameleon and I have that drilled 4X6X2.5, and it reacted better than any ball. There was a lot of oil on the outside and a little in the middle. My good friend on Columbia staff had trouble getting anything tame enough to play inside while I had and incredible look standing 44 playing 5th arrow.

Those are my top choices as of right now. That could change though depending on what I bowl on next.

PS---I drilled the SX1 reco and that is an incredible reaction on a lot of different patterns.

Have you drilled a QZ1 yet?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]