MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:49 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: TR2 Question
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:11 am 

I just got a TR2 a couple of weeks ago and have a question. I know it has a 800 grit sanded finish. It seems that I can only get about half the rpms on this ball that I normally get on my other equipment (Motiv QZ1P, Brunswick Rattler, Lane 1 Buzzbomb/R). Do you think this is just the due to the high amount of friction due to the finish? I wasn't bowling on a dry shot or anything. I was bowling on the Shark pattern during the first week of my PBA Experience league. I don't know the exact specs of the layout, but the pin is about 1/2" below and 1/2" to the right of my ring finger (I'm right handed). The CG is straight down from the pin. I throw about 16mph and would say I have probably about 350 rpm's, but that is just a guess.

RX1 O
SR2
Cruel LE

Post subject: Re: TR2 Question
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:41 am 

Any opinions or suggestions at all? I threw at a house with a ton of oil on Saturday morning, and I was finally able to get my normal revs (and line) on the ball. I was just very surprised that I didn't seem to be able to get my normal revs on the ball while throwing on the Shark and Scorpion patterns. Maybe it is just my inexperince bowling on these patterns and with a ball this aggressive. All my other balls are medium strength balls.

RX1 O
SR2
Cruel LE

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:32 pm 

The mix of surface and layout could very well be why your tr2 seems to not have as much revs. The simplest solution would to try and alter the surface some, maybe take it up to 1000 and start there. Because even at 1000, the tr2 is pretty aggressive.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:32 am 

Just because a house says they are putting down a specific pattern, does not mean it will play like what you think it should. There are many variables. With that said, the oil volume the house put down may have been very light. Your TR2 may have been reading very early and burning up. As Josh suggested, taking it to 1000 may help. Or you could just leave it and use it for HEAVY oil, as you said, it worked well at another house where they had more oil. Always good to be prepared.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:49 am 

What do you guys think about leaving the surface at 800 and adding some polish? I had debated a surface change, but I also am wondering how polishing it as is would affect it. Has anyone tried that with the TR2? I'm just talking about hand polishing it with some Motiv Power Gel Polish.

RX1 O
SR2
Cruel LE

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:45 am 

This is something I like to do alot. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. All depends on what reaction your looking for. Can't hurt to try it though. If you don't like it, you can always make another adjustment.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]