MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:04 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: WHY A DRILLING FORUM?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:00 pm 

In each MOTIV bowling ball box, you'll notice we have a drilling guide (The emphasis being on "guide"). The best layout recommendation will be given by an experienced pro shop that can observe the bowler and their equipment.

That being said, we also know there are a number pro shops and bowlers out there that would like to share some of their favorite layouts for MOTIV equipment. This is the place to do that. However, in addition to sharing the layout, please also let us know your ball speed, rev rate, and track position. Comments on the lane surface and the line you play would be helpful too.

Thanks for being part of the MOTIVnation.

Post subject: Re: WHY A DRILLING FORUM?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:31 pm 

I have a good customer that has the entire Motiv line and he already has his order in for the SR2. He likes to have all of them with a basic label drilling, pin 3 1/2-4' from PAP w/cg almost in center of his grip. This way he lets the natural characteristics of the ball be the deciding factor in reaction.

I like a earlier mid-lane read so most of my Motiv equipment has a 4" pin/PAP below the fingers w/45 degree cg kicked out & weight hole. They rev up quickly, make a very nice mid-lane read & reaction w/continuation to the pocket. I've also had very good success w/knocking the shine off my SX1 w/straight 2000 pad and shining up my GT1 w/alittle polish. Both balls will react differently than w/their out-of-box finish but both fit into my arsenal very well & give me the look(s) I am looking for. Nice to work w/versatile coverstocks.

Kudo's to Scott & Scott for coming up with super bowling balls . . and did I mention they are made in the U.S. of A. :)

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

Post subject: Re: WHY A DRILLING FORUM?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:58 am 

Would really like to hear from the Motiv-nation on how you are drilling up your equipment, type of conditions you've thrown them on, reaction characteristics and other factors that we can all benefit from. Never can get too much info so let's hear from ya'.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]