MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:24 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Redrilling my sx1 for the cheetah
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:49 pm 

This post is for the those of you who have experience with the SX1. I'm going to plug and redrill my SX1. I currently have it drilled leverage, next to my ring finger, with the cg close to the center of grip. I've herd many of you guys say that it workes great on the cheetah, but with the drill I have on it now it rolles at my feet.

Now some info on the bowler. (this is playing straighter on the cheetah and sport patterns)

PAP = 5 1/2 and 1/2 up
Rev rate = 420
Axis rotation = 30 digrees
Axis tilt = 20 digrees
speed 16 - 17 mph (rev dominate player)

Ball specs
15 lb, 2 1/4 pin, 2 1/2 oz top.

I need it to roll sort of like the urethanes, I know that's impossable but I had a few other reactives that rolled great on the shorter sport shots like a urethane. Moderate length with a smooth midlane and smooth slow backend. If you have had success with the SX1 fill me in on your layout and specs so I can have a better idea of how to re-punch it.

P.S. I have drilled up some with the pin on or close to the axis and they had great midlane but reved up so fast for me they took off on the backends. Both low RG and High RG types.

RX1s 60x6x70
QZ2 1 inch pin to pap
Thrash 1 inch pin to pap
QZ2 BACKDRAFT 60x5x65
TZ3 70x5.5x30
Primal Impulse 90x3.5x55
Primal Impulse 75x5.5x40
Sigma Tour 80x5.5x40
Raptor Attack 95x5.25x30
Raptor P7 45x4.5x30 P1

More not listed!!!

Post subject: Re: Redrilling my sx1 for the cheetah
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:37 pm 

Place the pin under the bridge or middle finger, over the bridge or middle finger, depending on how high your track is. Kick the cg out a bit and drop a nice sized hole on your axis.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:26 pm 

Ditto on what Justin says. I have an SX1 w/pin above bridge, cg kicked out alittle w/wtg. hole on mid-line & it reacted great on the 37' PBA Sr. Pattern. A GT1 w/pin under bridge (cg & wt. the same) and shined up w/PG Polish and it worked great on that pattern as well. Your PAP & axis tilt is similar to mine (but you do have more revs) so this layout may work for you. Hope it does & best of luck.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:50 pm 

I'll throw my 2 cents in. After you have redrilled, try polishing with compound, like they use in a lustre king. On a wim I gave this a shot just to see what reaction I would get. This tamed the ball, as mine was rolling at my feet like you said yours was. I now get a very controlable reaction even though my layout is slightly strong. If it doesn't work for you, you can obviously abralon back to factory specs (or higher) before polishing with power gel polish.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:40 pm 

It is no secret, but is often overlooked that surface prep is the primary variable in ball reaction. Before a redrill give a surface tweak a shot, it is cheaper and reversible.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]