MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:02 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: My own Santa - Punching a Primal Impluse
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:03 am 

OK boys and girls, it's time of the year again and i decided to give myself a new Primal Impulse. 8-)

And the question, as always, the layout.

Justin and others, please pitch in!

fond of 30* x 4" x 30* for a very nice mid read and banana shape to the pocket starting at 15~20th boards and breakpoint at 6~9th board.
also liking the my Cruel LE of 50* x 4.0" x 35* @P3, slightly sharper angle.

I want to be able to use the PI for wash down conditions or just do straight down and in on fresh.

thanks in advance, I CANT WAIT!!! :shock:

Speed: 17mph
Rev: 350 rpm Tilt: 14* Rotation: 30*
PAP: 4 3/4",1/2" up

High: 690 / 907

Post subject: Re: My own Santa - Punching a Primal Impluse
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:30 pm 

I have one of my Primal Impulse toys drilled at 20x45@5" and this definitely has the ball get down lane. I am able to play more straight with no problems.

That's not easily done for me considering I have so much rotation and revs on the ball with using no thumb, but I make it work and this drilling accomplished this for me.

Not sure if it will work for you, but it could and I am sure that Justin could verify this for us on here.

I used it last night and it went straight on fresh and straight on broken down as the games went on with no issue.

Overall, it definitely turned into a completely different ball compared to my other Primal Impulse toy at 30x30@4", haha!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:38 am 

FUPAsnack wrote:
I have one of my Primal Impulse toys drilled at 20x45@5" and this definitely has the ball get down lane. I am able to play more straight with no problems.

That's not easily done for me considering I have so much rotation and revs on the ball with using no thumb, but I make it work and this drilling accomplished this for me.

Not sure if it will work for you, but it could and I am sure that Justin could verify this for us on here.

I used it last night and it went straight on fresh and straight on broken down as the games went on with no issue.

Overall, it definitely turned into a completely different ball compared to my other Primal Impulse toy at 30x30@4", haha!

Thanks for the suggestion FUPAsnack! I was wondering how was your 30x30@4" different? does it become an obvious- skid/snap compared to the 20x45@5"?

Speed: 17mph
Rev: 350 rpm Tilt: 14* Rotation: 30*
PAP: 4 3/4",1/2" up

High: 690 / 907

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:03 pm 

The 30x30@4" to me is the skid/flip/snap combo that most people might want to see out of this ball.

It has a ton of backend and I've never had any MOTIV ball hit the pins so hard and I have plenty of MOTIV equipment to make that judgement on my part.

As for the 20x45@5", I get more of a straight/arc response down lane. It still has enough to get around the corner though and still shred the rack. It's basically a really good ball to start with right off the bat on fresh conditions personally.

I used it this past Thursday and did great and then I moved to my other as the games went further cause I was able to play further out and nothing could keep it from getting in the pocket.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]