MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:38 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: New to Motiv products (need help with RX1 layout)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:42 am 

Hi Justin, Thanks for the reply and recomendation. I will drill it up following your 60 x 5.5 x 70 and see how it goes. I have also just picked up a cruel for myself it looks a beast. Cant wait to get the pair of them drilled.

Many thanks

Bazza

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:10 am 

You will see a long and smooth reaction from this layout, nothing jerky off the friction. Based on your description you may even have to polish it. Keep us up to date on how it goes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:09 am 

Hi all,

Just quick update on the RX1, drilled it as recommended by justin as per previous posts 60 x 5.5 x 70 and pretty much got what justin describes, the ball still hooks don't get me wrong but the shape of the ball is a fairly long arcing motion nothing crazy when it hits the friction. The overall amount of hook is probably more than i expected but it isn't too much too handle.

I have used it a few times now, the cover is in its original out of box state and it has no hole so it could be tweaked a little bit if needed. Because this was my first Motiv ball i didnt really know what to expect in terms of carry, my home centre is very tricky to carry in, we bowl on older versions of the modern sport patterns and ten pins can be a real pain but so far the RX1 is dealing with them very well indeed.

my average in the league is 185 and the first week using it i shot 811 (over 4) with it playing fairly straight down 2nd arrow which is unknown territory for me!

Although there is a pro shop in the centre that sells Motiv the RX1 was turning some heads in the league, a few guys were asking how it was going and taking note of " How it was carrying the house " there words not mine by the way.

Last night i started with the front 9 for a 277 first game but i was only using the RX1 (2nd arrow) on the right lane and was using a Reign on the left deep. the first in the tenth was with the RX1 and after throwing the 9th i thought i had it made as i had the best look with the Recon, the adrenaline caught up with me though and i launched it a little bit too fast and it blew past the breakpoint and never made it back!

All in all the Recon looks to be a great ball for control on tougher drier lanes, it does hook a tad more that i think Motiv give it credit to but it is super steady at the breakpoint and it really does hit the pins hard.

Many thanks

Bazza

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:19 am 

Great update dude! Sounds like that's the ideal ball for you on these conditions. IMO, the Sr2 could replace your Reign. They seem pretty similar. But, it's your arsenal! Glad to see you're Motivated!

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:10 am 

Hi JayDub,

thanks for the reply, Yeah love the Recon and i've got a cruel there waiting to be drilled, i am starting to like the motiv gear but there is no ball in the world that will get close to the Reign. Don't know if i just nailed the drilling on it but it rolls and hits so sweet it is a dream.

I will take a quick look at the SR2 though but bowling balls over here cost somewhat more than in the states and i've got the cruel to drill first.

Many thanks again

Bazza

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:32 pm 

Bazza...

Sorry I didn't catch that you were from a different country. They're not cheap in the states, if you're a working father of 2, like me. :) But I understand about the Reign. I was a storm guy before Motiv came along, and I still keep a few gems around for rainy days!

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:52 am 

Out of the box the recon will be a bit stronger than expected. Hit it with some shine and it will get longer.

Glad to hear it is working out for you.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2