MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:20 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: New to Motiv products (need help with RX1 layout)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:57 pm 

Hi all, I am new to motiv products and after some thought have ordered a RX1.

I really need some help with any suggestions regarding layout and surface,

In my part of the U.K. oil is used very sparingly and i need something for the patterns and centres i play in.

I dont really have any info regarding my stats but this is what i have. Speed 20/22mph, revs dont know but i have enough hand in it, i have a little axis tilt but again cant put a figure on it not a lot though, and as for rotation well that depends i can and do get somewhat round it but can also play straight up the back if ness. Sorry i cant be more exact but i haven't been on any bowler track or c.a.t.s. systems etc.

The local bowls vary from old Amf wood with guardian to fairly new Bruns. ProAnvilane, and everything in between.

The look i am aftter is mostly good length with smooth controlled arc but without too much overall hook.

If anyone can suggest any ideas they would be most welcome, I have tried to give as much information as poss but if i have missed anything and if you have any questions please just ask.

Many thanks in advance

Bazza

Post subject: Re: New to Motiv products (need help with RX1 layout)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:40 am 

First thing that strikes me is the 20/22 MPH speed, that is exceptionally high. With anything less than 600 RPM you will be speed dominant, which will definitely help with getting good length.

Secondly, Pro Avilane is an extremely hard surface that creates the least friction of all playing surfaces. Guardian is an extremely soft playing surface that creates the most friction. You see alot of variance, which isn't a bad thing but must be accounted for.

What is generally your preferred line? I would inference based on the given information that you like to play a bit straighter, maybe around 12 or 17?

Is there any way you could post a video of your shot?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:35 pm 

Perhaps its KPH. 22 kph is about 14.5 mph

RX1s 60x6x70
QZ2 1 inch pin to pap
Thrash 1 inch pin to pap
QZ2 BACKDRAFT 60x5x65
TZ3 70x5.5x30
Primal Impulse 90x3.5x55
Primal Impulse 75x5.5x40
Sigma Tour 80x5.5x40
Raptor Attack 95x5.25x30
Raptor P7 45x4.5x30 P1

More not listed!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:30 pm 

Bazza wrote:
Speed 20/22mph, revs dont know but i have enough hand in it

Need some clarification Bazza, is it MPH or KPH?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:56 pm 

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies, firstly speed should be correct i say should be although i havent been measured on any kind of bowler trax etc. two of my mates have and there speeds were 20 and 22 mph. I bowl faster than the slower one and slower than the faster one, therefore the estimate for the speed.

As for the variety of lane surfaces in my area basically its only really the ProAnvilane that we enjoy everywhere else tends to be a bit of a desert. The recon isn't for the proanvilane centre but would be for everywhere else in our region. Going back to the higher speed issue that is a definite side affect of bowling in our region with the lack of oil in order to get the ball down the lane with the amount of hand in the ball our speeds in general have increased.

Then the kind of shot i basically look for is maybe 15 or deeper at the arrows to say 5 to 7 at the breakpoint, obviously that depends on the conditions. The old AMF wood centre for instance 10 and out is out of bounds as there isn't a drop of oil there at all so it is as deep as possible but without getting it past 10 at all.

By the way the videos that you ( Justin ) have on youtube are superb, if Motiv dont supply you with the balls for the videos they really should do!

If there is anything else i can tell you please ask.

Once again many thanks for the replies.

Bazza.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:33 pm 

Hi guys, guys thanks for the replies.

Yeah speed is in mph and should be about 20mph,

I have tried to respond sooner but it hasn't been posted yet i hope this reply goes on. It seems to take forever to get anything on here.

Is this a common thing for this forum?

Thanks

Bazza

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:43 pm 

I am on the forums a few times a day, once in a while I miss a day or two. It doesn't usually take this long to get information, sorry about that. If you need a more urgent answer please feel free to PM me.

One thing that is common with bowling outside of the US is a high friction playing environment. This is part of why Mika plays straight with loft.

Your speed will help compensate for the friction. What look are you after, long and smooth or long and strong?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:12 am 

Hi Justin, starting to get the hang of the forum now, yes long and smooth would be just the ticket for the recon. And yes your right about the friction issues over here. It seems like 3/4's of the bowling alleys that i play in have extremely high on lane friction problems. the speed that myself and my two bowling chums use is a direct result of years of bowling as kids on too much friction.

Another problem that is starting to annoy us is certain lanes in our closest bowl having major topography issues, just to compound the difficulty of bowling on the driest of conditions having to use 2 different balls with 2 different lines on the same pair!

Well thats my moan for today over with,

Thanks for the reply,

Bazza

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:27 pm 

Is your driller familiar with the Dual angle layout system?

If so, do a 60x70@5.5" layout on the Recon. Throw it and then place the hole. If you place the hole on your PAP, you can get even more length from it.

If your driller is not familiar with dual angles, let me know and I'll map out a conversion to a more traditional layout for you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:39 pm 

Justin-
Would you advise me what a 60* by 45* by 6" would do in comparison to the 60/70/5.5 you recommended above? (for a tweener that is a little rev dominant?)
Thanks.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next