Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:36 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: layout help for qz2
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:28 am 

This is his current QZ1R:

Hud - He's blatantly not a full roller, nor should he be treated as one when considering a layout.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:52 pm 

your the drill master ,,,fix him up then...you dont have to prove anything to me... We all want to make sure all motiv balls work great... Thats what we have you for right.... Love motiv hud

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:34 pm 

Hud i too, dont understand how I am a full roller? with the drilling I currently have on that ball how is it possible? Serious question can you explain it to me?

House Hack Motiv Staff =)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:04 pm 

For the QZ2, you expressed that you want to have a different layout and reaction than the QZ1R.

You have a VERY high track, that somewhat limits the layouts you can safely use.

Your axis point is 6.125" over, .25" up.

Based on these factors, my recommendation is this(I apologize for the low quality paint illustration, but I don't have photoshop on this PC.):

The pin is the white spot, the CG yellow, and weight hole green. the dual angle would end up approximately 50x50@5". Use a P2.5 or P3 hole.

This is why:
With an axis 6.25" over, the existing layout has approximately a 5.5"-6.25" pin distance. This is rather long, and explains the somewhat mild reaction you see out of the QZ1R. The QZ2 will like this stronger layout with it's box surface.

The most important thing to remember is to keep the pin above a line drawn from your axis point to your ring finger. This keeps the ball from flaring over the finger holes, and is especially critical with your high track.

This layout will provide you with a stronger ball motion than you see out of the QZ1R, you may wish to take the cover down to 2k or 1k to combat heavier conditions, or wet/dry shots.

The differences in the QZ1 vs. QZ2 layout will be a stronger pin placement, increased VAL angle, and a differential increasing hole. The stronger pin placement will provide you with more overall reaction. The increased VAL angle will result in a slower transition when friction is encountered. The differential increasing hole placement will also help to provide you a stronger overall reaction.

The surface will get the ball through the fronts clean, the layout will provide a strong reaction in the midlane and backend.

Let us know how it works out for you. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:58 pm 

WOW that is so much information to take in all at once!LOL. Justin as soon as I recieve my qz2 and i get free time i will put that layout on and see how it does. Im quite excited as I have never put a dual angle layout on anything i have thrown, just placed pin here cg there and learned what did and didnt work for me. I appreciate all the time and effort you have put into this for me. I enjoy taking in all the knowledge you put out and trying to learn from you more in the future. Thanks Again!!

-Jason

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:05 pm 

You're very welcome.

Technically there is a dual angle layout on your QZ1R now, but we just don't know what the measurements are. Measure it out and see when you go to the shop next time. I'd hazard a guess it is close to a 70x45@6", based on your axis point.

If you draw the dual angle layout on the QZ2, and it looks significantly different than the picture please let me know and snap a pic before punching it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:16 pm 

ok I will, i just sent a message to my driller to make sure he knows how to layout according to the dual angle layout method...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:09 am 

good luck jason...but you could have got that drilling straight from the box... strong drilling..hope it works for you.......hud

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:57 am 

hudwood wrote:
good luck jason...but you could have got that drilling straight from the box... strong drilling..hope it works for you.......hud

Not everyone is an expert ball driller like yourself, so sometimes they like to interact with a person who can explain what the information means instead of talking to a sheet of paper. His situation is pretty unique.

So unique in fact that you suggested a full roller, remember?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:32 pm 

Hud, yea I probably could have, but ya know considering I have never had a ball laid out correctly using my new found PAP, I wanted someones opinion. I think how Justin calculated everything that i gave him in turn ya it ended up to be close to the motiv layout, but granted im no staffer and will never be on the PBA tour, I still do not understand the logic in recommending a full roller layout. Im still waiting on an answer from you because with my knowledge or maybe lack of, Im clueless...Justin, again thanks for your help!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next