MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:16 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Silver RX1 Layout???
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:47 am 

A symmetrical ball by definition has such a small intermediate differential that there is no predefined PSA. There is a difference between a visually symmetrical ball and a dynamically symmetrical ball.

The Thrust, Quadfire, Recon, Gear Drive cores are all visually and dynamically symmetrical(VS/DS).

The Sigma block is visually asymmetrical, but dynamically symmetrical(VA/DS).

The continuum core in the dimension is also visually asymmetrical, but dynamically symmetrical.

The issue with some VA/DS blocks is how mass moves when the block is hit by drilling. If you hit a certain part of the block you can make some unpredictable things happen. This is partly why a ball will not exactly do what you think it will after you drill it.

I have not seen the Sigma block to have this issue, but I had seen it with Dimensions. This is one reason why asymmetrical balls are nice, they often have more predictable and consistent results.

I have found Motiv to be the best as far predictability of symmetrical balls. They simply do what you drill them to. The manufacturing is just so good and consistent, you can definitely see the benefits when drilling.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:55 pm 

Justin

In the Storm video I spoke of ,the PSA of the third ball that is shown change a lot. The first two shown were just above the thumb. The next moved 2 to 3 inches left of thumb. Possibly due to what you said. The bit taking out part of the core causing a large unpredictable shift of the PSA.

JustinWi wrote:
The Sigma block is visually asymmetrical, but dynamically symmetrical(VA/DS).

The continuum core in the dimension is also visually asymmetrical, but dynamically symmetrical.

Does this mean that the PSA of the Sigma core could have the same movement as the continuum core?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:10 pm 

cvette04 wrote:
Does this mean that the PSA of the Sigma core could have the same movement as the continuum core?

I have not seen it to. The Sigma has a sphere at it's center and the twisted parts are for the most part out of harms way. The continuum is more of a dumbbell shape that I have seen have greater changes after drilling.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3