MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:55 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Same layout - multiple balls
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:16 am 

The layout on my Sr2 is working out pretty nice. It's 75x4.5"x50, pin up, p3 hole. I have a cruel with a different drilling, but in the future, I feel like I could have this same drilling on every ball I drill up.

Has anyone done this? I plan on punching this into the Silver Recon, qz2, and maybe Tr2 as well. Will the covers/cores be enough to dictate huge differences in reactions?

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

Post subject: Re: Same layout - multiple balls
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:53 am 

Having the same layout on every ball you drill is ok. Not my favorite idea but figure it gives you that benchmark motion your used to to seeing. One note though Asymmetrical balls IMHO should be drilled different then your symmetrical.

When I drill multiple balls I use one pin up and the other pin down, when I only have one I put my favorite layout on it.

If it was me and you picked up the balls listed:
TR2 pin down :heavy
SR2 Pin up :med
QZ2 :same as Sr2 cause core and cover strength: med/light
Silver Recon :pin at 12 for drier or burnt conditions

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:39 pm 

I guess that isn't too bad of a strategy, but only if you only bowl on house shots. Having the same reaction shape doesn't help a player if you encounter different sport patterns; for example, the PBA Experience leagues we've run the past 4 summers demanded several shot shapes as well as surfaces. Personally, I love the reaction of a 6" pin with a 4" pin to psa distance on my former THS. Since I've changed oil though, everything is out the window and I've found myself with several balls that didn't do squat.
Just my 2 cents worth.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:09 pm 

I have tried this before to place all my Motiv balls with same layout...At the end of the day you will only find only 1 or 2 can hit very hard but the rest can be better...

The funny thing is that I found all pin up Thrust core didn't work well for me...TR-2 pin up pin down are both good...TX-1 & TZ-3 never worked with pin up but re-drilled them pin down they hit like a truck...

SR-2 pin down & SX-1 pin up they can match with each other...

RX-1 pin down is a stupid move as this ball is not skid as it claims at all...5" to 6" pin to PAP is a must if you are looking for a dry lane ball...

Cruel 51 is a very good ball no matter pin up pin down it really gives you the move to what you layout it...So many times I could use a pin down one for the first few games & pin up one for deeper...

Now the only question for me is that should I go for the QZ & what gap should I put it into to fir my arsenal?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:59 am 

Truth be told, I do bowl on house shots, for the most part. I bowl in a few tournies a year but they're pretty much house shots, just a matter of wet or dry.

"One note though Asymmetrical balls IMHO should be drilled different then your symmetrical." -rccharger

My Cruel is drilled differently than my Sr2. It's a lower angle sum, although still pin up.

Well, my priority drill order is this:
Siver Rx1 - Favorite layout
Qz2 - Favorite Layout
Tr2 - We shall see!

So it's looking like I can do the Rx1 and the Qz2 with my favorite drilling, and we'll tackle the Tr2 when we get there.

Dry to Wet arsenal in that order, when all purchased:
Silver Rx1
Qz2
Sr2
Tr2
Cruel
For a once-a-week house bowler I think that's a pretty decent arsenal. Really, probably more than I need. But, like I said, I do go to a few tournies throughout the year.

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]