MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:16 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Need Advice
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:13 am 

I'm 21 years old and a year and a half ago, I broke my spine. Now that I'm getting back into bowling, I've found that I can only use a 12 lb ball and my speed is comfortable around 13 mph. I've been thinking about getting a motiv ball and need some adice as to which one would work the best for me. More information: With a house ball, I usually bowl down and in at the second arrow. I tend to play late a night for the deals in my area and the lanes are usually broken down and unpredictable. I was thinking of a qz2 backdraft, a recon, an ascent pearl, or an impulse with a weak drilling. Any comments or advice would be great. Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Need Advice
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:01 am 

I would keep it simple and go with an Ascent Pearl. I can't see a benefit from buying more expensive balls if you are bowling for fun, especially considering the lane conditions and your bowling style/statistics.

If you decide to bowl leagues, then re-evaluate the conditions you would bowl on to decide if you need something more aggressive than the Ascent Pearl.

When/if you decide to bowl leagues, it would be more of a benefit for those on this forum if you provided more stats than just speed (i.e. revs, tilt, rotation) for a more detailed analysis. But for now, keeping it simple keeps it fun.

Post subject: Re: Need Advice
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:58 am 

Glad to see you are making a good comeback & have an interest in bowling. Kudo's to you! Also, take a look at the Ascent Solid. It is smooth off the pattern & with your current ball speed you don't something that might be too 'jumpy' on the backend. Best of luck to you.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]