MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:57 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Primal Scream layout suggestions.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:49 pm 

Recently I returned to bowling after a 15 year break and during the summer league I had my first Motiv a Sigma/Hybrid drilled. The local pro-shop used the MoPinel Dual Angle method to get the following setup.
16 lbs
65 x 5 1/2 x 50 axis 6 inches at 0
470 revs 19+ speed

So far I get about one and a half maybe 2 solid games out of the Hybrid per set before it just burns out the line. With the Primal Scream I'm looking for a ball that I can transition to or even lead off with that will play inside the Sigma's line to give me an area of fresh oil but still able to hook out of the back end with heavy carry down. The house shot is a 40 foot pattern of what I would call heavy oil. Typicaly I start out throwing 30 and 10 and make small moves every 5 or 6 shots until I've dried up most of the front end. The problem I've had with the Sigma is in the later games I start loseing entry angle and get alot of 8 pin's. So I'm hopeing the Primal Scream will allow me to maintain a better angle as the conditions break down. Thanks for any help first time posting so tried to provide as much of the standard info you guys might ask for.

Thanks,

Last edited by Redrocket on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Primal Scream layout suggestions.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 pm 

I just drilled mine 70x30x5" pin.. This drilling is very easy thru the heads but won't bounce hard off the dry so u can feed the ball to the track area. I also don't have to move in to 20 to start off. i could play left of the house bowlers and use the puddle in the middle in case i pull the ball a little. A stroker could play between 10-15 on a THS of 39 feet or so. I start around 15 or so. If the lanes are a little too dry, it'll burn up. Either chase the pattern left or I have a Sigma Tour that is 70x45x5". The Sigma Tour is cleaner and sharper than the Scream. I keep both at 4000 grit abralon. Polish on a wet/dry = 4-9's and 2,8-10's...This ball finishes much stronger than my Thrash did. The Thrash worked better for my buddy that has 10 revs, so it came up missing from my bag.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]