Bob Michalojko wrote:
1) Surface, Surface, Surface
2) Pin / PAP distance
3) VAL angle
4) X-Hole Placement
5) Drilling angle

+1

Bob Michalojko wrote:
So when drilling a symm ball it is likely best to focus on the first 3 and let the last 2 fall where they may.

The X-Hole placement is still very important, the drilling angle however is not.

Post subject: Re: How to locate the gradient line on a symmetrical ball
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:03 pm 

Thanx for the clarification update. Plan on drilling some stuff up in a week or so. Will keep this info in mind when laying out the balls.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:51 am 

So wait a minute Justin... u mean others have actually asked u about this, or are u clarifying this subject soley for me, so that i dont call u every other week asking the same- "where do i assume the psa will be in determining where to draw up the gradient line again?" LOL....
Justin im glad u got to talk to Mo about this one, because like i said i have always heard everything under the sun as to where the psa should end up post drill w/o having access to a determinator of course. And whether the gradient line should be placed with the p4 location on the assumed MB, or in/below one's drilled thumbhole. I have always went with what u told me to do, and have had a great deal of success on both the sym balls that i placed a p3 hole on. Probably my all time favorite reaction to date is my polished up tx1 [30x5.25x50 p3 hole (3/4" x 2" deep)].
However, if u recall the last time we talked on the phone, when i had again asked if i should still place the gradient line from my pap to that magical area (1" below my thumbhole), on a pin down drill (approximately 70* val angle) with a 1" pin out ball. If u remember, i was reassuring myself basically because the guy whom layed and drilled the ball.... LOL ....giggidy..... had told me i should always place the gradient line from my pap to the assumed MB (6 3/4" from the pin thru the cg.) So with hearing so many different things, i decided i'd place the gradient line on this ball with the psa or p4 being sort of in the middle of those two different theoretical locations, (not quite 6 3/4" from the pin, yet a bit lower than 1" from the thumbhole.
Thats why, when i sent u the pic about a week or two ago, asking u if this looked like the correct spot for a p3 hole, u said its close but it maybe just a tick too low. Well that would be due to me placing the gradient line inbetween the two methods, yours (prior to your newest findings,) and this other guy's who said to go off of the implied MB.

Go figure..... im not nearly as happy with the reaction post weighthole on this ball, as i am with the other two p3 balls that i layed according to your findings---> p4 being 1"below drilled thumb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:12 am 

That last sentence sounds confusing. The way i worded it makes it sound like i actually drilled an xhole in the p4 locations on the other two that i said i like better. But really what i meant was that out of the three sym balls that all have a p3 hole in them. I liked the girst two i drilled by placing the gradient line between my pap and a location 1" directly below my thumbhole.
Now justin, when u get a chance take another look at that same picture i sent you of the last p3 hole, (that was a tad low) let me know if u need me to resend it, and tell me if u think i would get any worthwhile benefit to plugging it and redrilling an accurate p3 hole with either one of the two new found methods that you posted

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:22 am 

This is humbling information. I can't even START to follow it. I trust the ball-drillers of the world to retain this information. Maybe one day I'll have a grasp, but I doubt it!

I respect you guys for learning this stuff.

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:14 am 

strimmed wrote:
So wait a minute Justin... u mean others have actually asked u about this, or are u clarifying this subject soley for me, so that i dont call u every other week asking the same- "where do i assume the psa will be in determining where to draw up the gradient line again?" LOL....

This is pertinent information that people need to know. You were one of several that inquired about the gradient line.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:33 pm 

Alright Justin!

Time to come up with the next best thing and make and anti-gradient line! :P

Beat em to the punch!

Gt1 - 1-300 1-289 1-287 1-280 5-279
Rx1(Orange)
Sr2 - 1-290 1-279
Tv4 added!50x45@4.75" - 1-289 2-279
Venom Toxin MOtion hole 1-276 1-300(p)
4 - 300's 1 practice
high series 791-796-785-824

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:43 pm 

you know this was good info..this is what helps us that drills balls everyday...the more info we get the better we all can be ... thanks justin very good ...

jim hud

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:43 pm 

DjResol wrote:
Alright Justin!

Beat em to the punch!

An 'anti-gradient' line would be exactly 180* away from the gradient line, ie. on the opposite side of the ball, kind of like cutting the ball in half or looking at it in a mirror 3 dimensionally.

Of course, drilling on the anti-gradient line would cause the ball to instantly annihilate any ball it came in contact with that had a ball on the gradient line.

Damn that Carl Sagan.
Where's Data when you need him?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:50 pm 

plamormick wrote:
DjResol wrote:
Alright Justin!

Beat em to the punch!

An 'anti-gradient' line would be exactly 180* away from the gradient line, ie. on the opposite side of the ball, kind of like cutting the ball in half or looking at it in a mirror 3 dimensionally.

Of course, drilling on the anti-gradient line would cause the ball to instantly annihilate any ball it came in contact with that had a ball on the gradient line.

Damn that Carl Sagan.

Where's Data when you need him?

Lol that's freaking great!

Gt1 - 1-300 1-289 1-287 1-280 5-279
Rx1(Orange)
Sr2 - 1-290 1-279
Tv4 added!50x45@4.75" - 1-289 2-279
Venom Toxin MOtion hole 1-276 1-300(p)
4 - 300's 1 practice
high series 791-796-785-824

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next