MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:12 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Drilling Specs for Primal Scream, Thrash Frenzy, Venom Toxic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:48 pm 

I have ordered 14lbs the Primal Scream, Thrash Frenzy, & Venom Toxic from Motiv. Need advice on drilling specs. I will be using these ball on both THS, flat patterns, and PBA Regionals. My vitals are listed below;

Note: Have been using 15lbs for last 6 years (dropped from 16lbs), now looking to drop to 14lbs on all equipment, due to injury in bowling forearm and hand. More comfortable playing right of 20 (a la Norm Duke, WRWjr), repetition and style points drop inside left of 20.

Right Hand
Avg 220+
PAP 4, 3/4 > and 3/8 up
15.5 MPH
390 RPM
10 Axis Tilt
40 Axis Rotation
Finger Inserts (Vice)
Thumb Grip (IT)

Style: Stroker

Post subject: Re: Drilling Specs for Primal Scream, Thrash Frenzy, Venom T
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:56 pm 

Scream: 60x50@4.5"

Frenzy: 60x40@5.25"

Toxin: 80x60@4.25"

No holes to start, surfaces and holes will be the tweaks once you throw them.

Scream for fresh and longer patterns, Frenzy when you need push and turn, Toxin to read more evenly.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:34 pm 

Justin,

Thank You for the drilling specs on the 3 balls specified in my original post. As stated in my 1st post, I'm usually comfortable staying on the right of 20 and playing straighter, however the combination of dropping from 15lbs to 14lbs and the ball reactions from the Scream and Frenzy, I'm now getting more comfortable swinging the ball out further. The results I'm seeing is a much stronger entry angle and better pin mixing action.

The Scream is a monster, which recovers from just about anywhere on the lane. Finally threw in league last night (Fresh THS) and posted 236, 247 (standing on 25, throwing 15 to 5). I had a great look with the Scream, but couldn't wait to try the Frenzy. The last game I started with the Frenzy, went a bit to high and left a 4/8 split. Then frames 2-7 kept leaving single pins (It came in stronger than the Scream and had to move three boards left at feet, 28), then finished the game with the Scream still standing at 28, throwing 15 to 2, and salvaged a 188 (punching out in 9th/10th frames). The Venom Toxic has been ordered from Motiv, but won't arrive until next week.

The next additions to my arsenal is listed below, if you could reply with drilling specs recommendations. All 14lbs...

Venom Strike
Raptor Talon
2 Cruel
Ascent Pearl
Sniper

Looking at the 2 Cruel besides the Talon, to give me an alternate look on long oil patterns, since one is an early hook ball and the other a late hook ball.

FYI... The Proshop operator (also a PBA Regional bowler) is wandering how and where these specs are coming from and seems surprised when after drilling the two ball so far, no balance holes were needed to keep them legal...

Last but not least, the GT1 has been one of my all time favorite from Motiv and it's just about impossible finding one (at least 14lbs) anywhere now days. Any recommendations on which ball could replace the GT1 and give me the same type of reaction,(drilling specs, cover stock prep).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:50 pm 

I got a 14lb gt1 with less than 30 games on it. Its a single drill with just two plugged weight holes, as its only exception from being in perfect condition. pin above ring finger cg slightly kicked right to allow a weight hole if necessary but was still legal without one.

If ud prefer i can very easily plug the whole ball for you as i work in a proshop. Lmk if interested, and pm me with an offer, i live in CT so factor around $20 for shipping as well.
Sean

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:37 am 

Thanks for the offer on the used GT1, but I'll wait no either a new one or info on alternative options from Justin...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:26 pm 

ScorpionX300 wrote:
FYI... The Proshop operator (also a PBA Regional bowler) is wandering how and where these specs are coming from and seems surprised when after drilling the two ball so far, no balance holes were needed to keep them legal...

My analysis of your given specs, and preferred ball motion.

ScorpionX300 wrote:
Last but not least, the GT1 has been one of my all time favorite from Motiv and it's just about impossible finding one (at least 14lbs) anywhere now days. Any recommendations on which ball could replace the GT1 and give me the same type of reaction,(drilling specs, cover stock prep).

What layout was on your GT1?

We have done:

Scream: 60x50@4.5"

Frenzy: 60x40@5.25"

Toxin: 80x60@4.25"

Next:

Venom Strike: 60x35@4.75"

Raptor Talon: 60x50@4"

2 Cruel: 65x40@5"

Ascent Pearl: 60x45@5.5"

Sniper: Place the pin 1" above and 1" negative of midline and watch it go straight. You can also try putting your PAP on the center of the sniper logo, it looks pretty cool but be careful of statics with your PAP. If you chose to do this you can take the middle finger deeper to remove excess finger and side, but keep close to an ounce each. There is no dynamic core in the Sniper, so statics can do nothing but help.

Once you get them all punched up and a few games on them we can start placing holes and tweaking surfaces, if need be, to adjust where they slot in the arsenal for you.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]