MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:11 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Motiv users - favorite ball and why?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:56 pm 

I'm looking to slowly begin an aresenal of Motiv balls...

Trying to get an idea of what Motiv users like/dislike about the particular balls they roll on a regular basis.

Interested in reading some feedback...

Sigma Tour
Primal Rage
Tribal
Sigma Sting
TV4
In Use: Sport
Covert Revolt
Sigma Tour
Venom Strike

In storage shed:
Sigma Hybrid
Primal Scream

Post subject: Re: Motiv users - favorite ball and why?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:08 am 

I've bought a fair share of Motiv equipment. I also buy from other companies as well, so I think I can give a fair assessment of my experiences.

I love my TZ3, but they are almost impossible to find. It's such a great light oil ball, I've used it primarly at one house and it's money, it was a limited international release and I'm glad I have one undrilled leftover as well. I wish Motiv could do a re-release, I think it would sell well.

I also love the Silver Recon, great ball to get through the drier or burnt heads and hits really hard for a light oil ball. It's very versitile and predicable, can play straighter or hook the lane with it.

My Thrash has it's purpose, usually when there is a little more oil, I love to play straight up with it, same powerful hitting power of most Motiv equipment. Drilled with the pin underneath my fingers, it's starts up a little earlier, but is very continuous.

I had a the orignal Cruel, shot an 815 with it, then it kind of lost it's reaction and I sold it. I was pretty great for about 5 months though. ;)

Got the Primal Impulse last year and I didn't like it at all. Very over/under for me. Probably a bad matchup for my style, it was very hard for me to get a good roll on the ball. Pretty colors though. :D

Just purchased the Venom Toxin, rolled it a little last night, I think I'm going to like it, but need more time with it.

They have a great lineup, fits almost any style and condtion your looking for, but I also have many balls from other companies that I think complement my Motiv stuff.

Hope this helps!

TZ3 - 50x35@4.75"
Thrash - 50x70@5.25" (Polish)
Venom Toxin - Coming soon!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:36 am 

It does help..thanks

Sigma Tour
Primal Rage
Tribal
Sigma Sting
TV4
In Use: Sport
Covert Revolt
Sigma Tour
Venom Strike

In storage shed:
Sigma Hybrid
Primal Scream

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:46 pm 

My favorite Motiv ball is the Tank. Also its my only Motiv ball atm so by default is my favorite. Its drilled with 3 holes in it. Sometimes my bowling balls will have extra holes, but my tank only has 3 holes. I hope it doesn't feel left out.

Kidding aside, I drilled the Tank up yesterday with a control layout (refer to Morich website). First urethane ball for me. I found the ball to be very controllable and has a nice arcing motion (preferred reaction although I feel more like a man with check mark reactions even if I leave more ringing tens...)

Other balls in my arsenal

Morich:

LevRG response (control layout)
DestroyR (drilled for midlane read)
HookR (skiddy snappy type drilling)

Columbia300

Wicked Encounter (umm skid snap again)

I have a bunch of retired balls that I've either given away or sold or the ball cracked on me.

Hope that helps....

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:03 pm 

Anything that has a big "M" w/lobster claws !! :lol: :lol:

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:46 am 

I have had every ball motiv has released in the last year and half. Below are just some of my fav.

So i will try to keep this brief and give you my ups/downs.

Sigma Tour: My fav ball of all time, I have a few of them one drilled positive one drilled negative. Allow me different options.

2cruel: this is my goto ball for the heavier oil. Good controlled hook on backend smashes the pins.

Raptor Talon My god this ball destroys racks. I use this for all my heavy heavy oil shots. This ball has made me money. I find it is easy to control on most conditions and hits like a truck.

Ascent Pearl. I hate pink, but i love this ball. this is my goto ball for tournaments when the shot dries up I can pick this one and actually tend ot move right and create some wins for me!

Venom toxin. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? This is one of the best balls at this price point I have ever bowled with. My 3 fav balls of all time are the 2cruel, sigma tour and this. This thing hits as hard as the talon. It is great for those medium oil conditions. Seriously everyone should try this.

Venom Strike. This got me started on the gear core, and this is my goto ball for a ths when i want to move right instead of left. It creates a nice angle into the pocket and i find it very controllable.

There are tons of great releases. I think motiv is releasing one of the best lines out right now with the way they are filling holes. I would be hard pressed to not find a purpose for every ball there. Every tournament I goto i am ready. Thank you motiv!

I hope this brief info helps.

SERIOUSLY though, get a venom toxin. I have 2 and i am bout to get a third.
One drilled negative one drilled positive<pinup> and i am probably going to drill a third pin down positive just for a little bit heavier oil.

Cruel Intent
2cruel
Revolt x2
Shock x2
Octane
APEX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:39 pm 

I've had several Motiv balls within the last few years and by far my favorite was the GT1. Here's some of my opinions on some of them:

Raptor- Just got it back in April, still getting use to the strong layout I have for it. I can tell you it hooks pretty early and great pin action if you sand it down to 1000 or 2000 grit. Would use it as my first ball in nearly any game except for long/heavy oil pattern, only time I struggled with the Raptor. That's what the Raptor Talon would be best used for.

GT1- My favorite Motiv ball out of all they came out with. This sucker takes off fast on the backend and carries the pins very, very well. Doesn't have a problem with surface adjustment but the ball is very hard to find. Shot my first sanctioned 300 game with it last March. Great for leagues as the first ball out the bag.

Sigma Hybrid- Very smooth reaction but also has very good carry. I would say it's very similar to the GT1 but smoother. Good benchmark ball.

QZ2 line- Didn't really care for the QZ2 Red or the Backdraft, didn't get a whole lot of good reaction from them. QZ2 Red was pretty angular and the Backdraft was abit earlier and stronger off the spot. Good to use when playing inside when the lanes starts to dry out.

Recon Silver- Great dry lane ball for tournaments or if you bowl on old wood lanes that dry out quick. Somewhat stronger than I anticipated but it helped me win a city men's double tournament about 2 years ago.

I also have the Venom Strike but hardly used it and got plans to get the Toxin and whatever new ball Motiv has plan within the next month or so.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:53 am 

The balls that really stand out for the tour guys are the Primal Rage, the Venom Toxin. The Primal Rage is incredibly versatile, amazing through the pins, and more than likely the ball of the year in the industry. The Toxin is unique in a way that everybody should have one in their bag. It's clean without being sideways and when there is shim, this ball is absolutely amazing.

Beyond those two each player has personal favorites. Jake loves the Ascents, I use the Primal Scream as does Vandy, Dick relies a lot on the Talon, Tony was immediately a fan of the Frenzy when it came out, EJ uses the Tank quite a bit, Patrick loves the old QZ series, and Nick Pahr is still quite fond of his Raptor Attack.

So much depends on what shapes you like to see and why.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:31 am 

Just bought 1st Motiv ball for good price.A Primal TV4 which is a pearl with a 2000 cover which I took down to 1000 to work best for me.Use it when track area breaks down when I can still go up the boards on THS.Carries super and can continue using with some belly and/or carry down without losing pin carry.had it drilled with a leverage drilling because of my low track Will definitely buy Motiv for my next heavy oil ball purchase.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:26 pm 

Primal Rage,Venom Toxin,Thrash Frenzy,Primal Scream in that order.The Sigma Tour was one of my all-time favorites.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]