MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Raptor Layout
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:20 pm 

I have a buddy who recently purchased a used raptor. We tried a few layouts just to see buy I wanted to come here for some opinions before he finally drilled it. He is a high track player and has trouble flaring over the thumb with his current equipment. Rev rate is around 450, ball speed around 16 mph, and PAP is measured at 3 3/4 right by 1 1/4 up. He is wanting the ball to be angular and something he can use for heavier conditions.

The first layout was 80x1x65.

And the second was 75x1x20.

Any comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

SR2
Thrash
Venom Strike
Primal Impulse
Silver Recon

Post subject: Re: Raptor Layout
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:45 pm 

70x45@3"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:09 am 

I think the layout description you posted here is quite good. I could imagine how you must have created it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:22 am 

Those are some really funky layouts that he had huh? Both of em utilizing a 1" pin to PAP. Definately not unheard of, but rare to sy the lest, lol. Im just wondering, i know u already probably punched up the ball, but whether or not there was a mistake when measuring his PAP.... Only bc, although IT IS DEFINATELY possible to be a high tracker and still have a short vertical axis coordinate, its definately not often seen.... Am i right? Wouldnt 90% of the the bowlers with a PAP of just 3 3/4" over, have a rather low track, and (high tilt)???

Just curious, bc i know its definately possible ive seen it myself in my shop a few times where ill get someones PAP and automatically assume ok they must be a high tilt low track bowler but then ill have em through it with their PAP marked and low and behold same scenario, clipping fingers, or thumbs, etc.... and track diameters ive seen up to in excess of 12.5" so far.... yet their PAP was i believe 3 3/8-> by 1/8" ^ if im not mistaken. So anyways my point is yes i know u can have a short horizontal pap coordinate and still track high, but still figured id verify with u that his PAP was indeed measured correctly and then rechecked with tpe on the lanes?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]