MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:13 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: pin under bridge layout for Venom Strike
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:53 pm 

What type of ball reaction would I get from the Venom Strike if I have the pin drilled either under the bridge or in the middle finger for medium oil?

Post subject: Re: pin under bridge layout for Venom Strike
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:40 am 

I see no one ever responded to this so here's my opinion. I see your PAP is shorter than mine so factor that in. This is my Venom Strike 78*(PAP-pin-PSA)x4 3/4"x65* no x hole. You can see PSA under thumb hole in pic. I am a right hander with average speed 17 mph in heads and 14.5 at deck on CATS. 300 - 325 rpm's. Track diameter 11"s and axis tilt 17 deg. Axis rotation 35 - 60 deg. ave. 4 7/8" over & 3/8" up PAP.

What I have found is that with any surface on the VS it puked for me. The best surface which I tried this week after having the VS since last year.....500 4 sides. 1000 2 sides, Storm Step 2 15 secs 2 sides medium pressure (still did not have a high enough looking polish to me), so 2 sides Reactashine. Looked good felt really tacky and worked great for 7 frames first game then got a lil over/under. But finally retained energy and rolled well not too early but still you could see the lower Rg ball roll like I always have imagined it would. I think, I found something on this ball for surface and layout that will work. Though I am not a big believer in abrasive compounds but in this case it's just what was needed. For me the lower OOB surface with the pin under bridge layout just didn't retain enough energy mainly because of weak layout and ball surface. Hope this helps.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]