MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:13 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Justin...P1 hole for RX-1 orange will help?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:07 am 

First of all let me explain the lane condition of my house. My house used to use Brunswick very old syn lanes & now they started to change both 32 lanes to the new AMF syn lanes...

After few nights trying on those new lanes, I found that the front is much skid & the backend is much sharper than the old Brunswick lanes...

I used to play very good with my TZ-3 but now I have so many 4pins & 9pins left with it...

I used to have so many 2pins & 10pins left with my Cruel before but now it is like a monster on the new lanes...

The biggest problem now is my RX-1 Orange, I first drilled it with pin under ring finger it hook too early in the old lanes so I re-drilled it with 60 x 4.5" x 30 no hole & it hit real good when the lanes were dried. Now on the new AMF lanes I found it the backend is too sharp. You know I don't want to re-drill it again so I am thinking if a P1 Hole will help? How big it should be then?

My SX-1, SR-2 & TX-1 had been re-drilled already so I need to try them later on the new lanes to see...

My 2 x TR-2 (pin under bridge & pin above middle finger) I tried few games with them they just couldn't hold. Neither too early nor lose energy too soon for backend. So at this stage I may just keep them for some day with long oil.

Post subject: Re: Justin...P1 hole for RX-1 orange will help?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:50 am 

Danny,
Before putting the extra hole at p1, you might want to hit the cover with a 3000 or 4000 abralon pad to smooth out your reaction. Of-course depending what surface prep you have on it already it would vary just lightly taking the shine off. Another option would be take your finger holes deeper. Hope this helps

Rob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:52 am 

Sounds like they switched to new AMF HPL panels. It is a softer higher friction surface than the Brunswick Anvilane.

You want the ball to burn a bit more energy before encountering friction. As RC said, you can bring the surface down a touch to smooth it. See what happens with the surface adjustment and then we can tune from there if need be.

Deeper fingers and a P3 hole may be in order, but surface will do the most for you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:54 pm 

Thank you Rob & Justin for your inputs...

I forgot to say that I have tried polish it on the OOB surface. It skids a bit longer but the backend was more sharp at the same time & I felt it was a bit difficult for me to control.

Anyway, I will try to touch 4K abralon to see if it helps & I will let you guys know later to see if a P3 hole or deeper fingers is needed.

Dannyracer
Hong Kong

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:27 am 

I tried few nights again with different surface & seemed 2K was a bit better but still too much backend for me...

If a P3 hole can help then how big & how deep it should be? Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:24 am 

Dannyracer wrote:
I tried few nights again with different surface & seemed 2K was a bit better but still too much backend for me...

If a P3 hole can help then how big & how deep it should be? Thanks!

The 2k is bleeding energy a bit faster. Use the projected PSA method to locate your P3 hole and start small, like 25/32" 3" deep and see what happens. The larger the hole, the larger the influence it will have on the dynamics.

P.S. This topic: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2735 has the information no the gradient line placement.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:53 pm 

You are mistaken. Let's discuss it. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:26 pm 

sniptcep wrote:
You are mistaken. Let's discuss it. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

Let's see what you have to contribute to the topic at hand in open discussion instead of PM. I'm curious as to who is mistaken about what.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:55 am 

So what is wrong? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:06 am 

Justin, I discussed with my driller last night and finally he drilled a P3 hole for me with 1" large x 1" deep. I do not know how to thank you but this hole cured all the over under problems for me really. We could all see the ball read tight on the midlane and the backend reaction was much much predictable and controllable. I'm going to do the same for my SX1 as it is the exact same layout as my RX1 Orange. Lets see if it will cure the over under problems too!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next