MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:32 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: layout question
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:37 pm 

I have a question about a new layout that i am trying. The picture posted is two balls i use the most, the octane has the new layout and the tribal fire is the old. I previously had them both drilled the same.

Before changing it, on a house shot, i would stand between 30 and 25, aim 10 to 15 and be able to get a nice pocket shot (most of the time), but now with the layout i pretty much stand on the 20 and go down and in.

question is, is this because i had the ring finger dropped a little, or is it because the thumb was moved over to the right a bit....or a combination of both?

does this make sense?

Attachments:
bowling balls.jpg
bowling balls.jpg [ 184.74 KiB | Viewed 566 times ]

Octane
Tribal
Sniper

Post subject: Re: layout question
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:00 pm 

another thing that someone mentioned tonight, since my previous drill was for an IT, could plugging and drilling the new thumb have affected the core enough to change it like it has?

Octane
Tribal
Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:51 am 

To be honest, there really aren't any differences in these drillings. Daily variations in weather, oiler performance along with your personal variations in accuracy and consistency will override the difference in the drillings. My bet is the shot was a little different forcing you to play a different part of the lane.

Another possibility is after getting the ball plugged and redrilled, the pro shop either resurfaced the ball or "prettied" it up for you by polishing it and it now reacts differently because of this surface change.

Give the ball some time to see what, if any, long term changes occurred.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:57 am 

I agree. I am also wondering if polish was added in the pro shop. Also, if your grip (finger hole placements) was changed, you may be getting a different release (revs, tilt, and rotation angles).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:08 am 

Thank you for the responses. I played around with it a little more, changed my hand position and it did help a bit. still have to play a little more right than before, but having more success hitting the pocket at a better angle.

Octane
Tribal
Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm 

The only difference in these layouts is the amount of flare. The tribal fire layout is a stronger flaring layout then the octane. The VAL angle looks to be basically the same. (Distance the pin is above the fingers) Now it only looks like it's about a 1/2", so it's not much. You'd notice a couple of boards difference absolute max.

I agree with the others that if it was plugged, the resurface/polish is probably the biggest difference until you get a few games on it at least.

Just my two cents. Hope it helps!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]