Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:29 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Primal TV4 layout!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:01 am 

Justin,

After sitting for awhile waiting on the tv4 I've got to thinking again. The other night I threw my nomad Pearl and nomad solid. Both drilled 50x5x55 or 50x5x60 I'm not exactly sure. The pin is directly below the bridge and cg is kicked out bout .75 to an inch. I really like the reaction I see from this layout or a pin down layout for that matter. Maybe not the exact layout but a pin down layout. These balls allow me to play deeper 12 to 15 out to 8 or so where the gt1 has me playing straight up 8 and the qz2 about 10 to 8. This is on the fresh by the way as the lanes burn up i can migrate in. Yes i know the nomads are a bit stronger pieces then the qz2 and the gt1 is drilled really long and smooth. Or do you believe the tv4 at 55x45 with a 4-5 inch pin would be a 15 board ball for me? Just a thought that's been wondering in my head? Any criticism and input will be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:32 pm 

The TV4 will be significantly stronger than the QZ and GT. It could be that 15 board ball.

I really like the way the 45@5" layout transitions. You could do a 60x45@4.5" to make it stronger and not require a hole right away.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:54 pm 

Justin,
I hate to keep bugging you about this, but I assume your recommendations are based on what I want the ball to do and my stats. As I stated before when I drilled the gt1 and qz2 I adjusted my finger pitches. With this in mind I'm quite positive my tilt and axis rotation have changed. I know my pap has by visual appearance and speed has definitely increased as I have stated before. Rev rate I'm comfortable with saying its still in the ball park. With this being said providing I get the new numbers, if they have changed, would you recommend something different then what you already have?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:56 pm 

The accuracy of a recommendation is dependent on the accuracy of the stats provided, post a vid if you can. I can usually get real close, but something like this I'd like to see it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:00 pm 

Would a video taken with my Droid suffice?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:05 am 

From the vid a see a bit of tilt and a touch of speed dominance, but rather close to balanced.

I would punch it 55x45@4.5". You can tweak the drilling angle as needed to ensure legality without a hole, as you may not need one.

Start with box surface.

Let me know what it does and we can tweak if needed.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3