MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:50 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Original Forza surface change help
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:08 am 

Hey everyone.

New here, just picked up an original Forza and love it. Only thing I don't like is I'm having trouble hitting the pocket with it. I go Brooklyn a lot and was wondering if sanding it to 4000 on one of those 3 headed machines would help. I don't want to alter the shape of the shot because it's perfect but unless I stand way left I can't get to the pocket. The shape is perfect and explosive I just need a touch of length for it to be outstanding.

So thoughts?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Original Forza surface change help
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:04 am 

Changing the surface of the ball to a higher grit will allow the ball to travel further down the lane before it gets into its hooking motion. One downside to this is it may reduce the overall hook slightly and may make the ball react sharper when it encounters the dry.

Good thing is a change in surface is temporary. If you don't like the overall effect, you are able to go back to something more like it is now.

I say give it a shot. You should explore different surfaces on most of your equipment since manufacturers didn't send it to you with you in mind.

Good Luck!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:52 am 

I concur w/SPMCGIVERN. Gradually make adjustments to the coverstock w/higher grit sanding, first, to see if it does what you are looking for. If still to hard off pattern, slowly apply small amounts of polish. Not know/seeing what you are bowling on, it is difficult to provide you w/exact recommendations, however, give these a try and stay MOTIV-ated !!

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:24 am 

Thanks everyone, did a light hand sand with 4000 abralon with great success. I bowled a 197 in practice (the other games were messing around) and in league finished the second and third games with a 202, 198. So, doing this made all the difference in the world for me.

This ball is amazing!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:03 pm 

Out of the box I took mine to 4000 without even throwing it. I set this ball up for light conditions, pin up over the bridge. I have had great success with this surface finish and drill layout. I do see from time to time it could be a little bit much off the dry but a little polish will help control the backend. Or move left in small increments. Like the rest have said, it can be changed back to OTB finish if you don't like it!

First night using mine, shot 735 OTB. Couple weeks later after learning the ball a little I shot 789 with 4 splits!

It is a great ball to say the least! If you need something with a little more bite, I'd recommend getting yourself a Revolt Havoc. Can't go wrong there either!

Stay MOTIVated!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]