MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:03 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Ghost reaction
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:15 pm 

Have a couple Ghost - started experimenting with drillings for reaction at backend which is what I dont have much of. Took stacked drilling, ball got long - my driller moved it to strong - pin 2 clock, CG thumb right. Ball didn't react much different in oil - did fine playing down 5-7.

I'm a med speed, low-med rev - mostly down and in, but do have baby swing if needed. Kept 1000 surface on ghost, and yes I know the ball rolled out after game 2 a lot. But it did turn mid lane, but rarely had anything on back end.

Been working on 1-step drill for better balance and finish, and the "staying behind ball" which has greatly helped me get form high track to med track.

Thought about taking one of the ghost and going pin under to promote more early roll to take need for back end (or less needed) when at pocket. I do use a robby wrist glove, the metal one, not the black cloth with metal inserts - and being 47 think I'm stuck with it for now, as the loss of technique without it seems to have gotten away from me.

So for the remainder of summer, working on just drills - and looking for next purchase (Yes, I'm motive only). Have LE and Trident also, but didn't throw those much last year. Was hung up on Ghost.

Thinking United Revolt and Primal Fear to offset - reading the ball specs, RG and such, they almost look same to me, but another guy who uses motive said he gets very different reactions with them drilled up the same way. I know pin distance matters, and I try my best to stay with 2-3" pins to start.

Suggestions on ball or drill? I've always used surface, have enough speed to get down lane well, just have hook and roll issues - but getting the track to med for more axis tilt and balance at line feels so much better, really thought the stronger drill on ghost would make that piece better, but it was really no different than the stacked drilling (when I played 8-12 straight up or small belly). The ball would not recover and roll into pocket. Almost like I was seeing over/under. In my mind, I see a ball flipping at back end, not sure if that is driving my ball reaction changes?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]