MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:56 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mines not so Cruel
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:33 am 

You have one line mismarked; to measure the drill able, you need to connect the pin to the marked PSA, denoted by the "0" which happens tobedown by the thumb. I think your drill angle is actually closer to 75 degrees, and that is what may be causing you trouble. This ball, despite the opinion of your driller, is definitely not a left handed drill.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:03 pm 

First issue as Mick said, is the drilling angle is marked in the wrong place. But kudos for marking it out on your own. On asymmetrical balls you need to draw the line from the pin to PSA.

The CG is irrelevant, regardless of what your driller believes. This is a proven scientific fact. This ball is not specifically left or right handed.

Based on your pictures and description, when I get into the shop a bit later, I'll lay it out more accurately for you, and show you an alternative layout that could have been used.

Based on the facts you have presented so far, given the fact that you have such slow ball speed and your axis point is only 4" over, this ball is reading too early and executing forward roll after the second transition.

If your driller is computer savvy, and ready to have the foundations of his drilling knowledge shaken a bit, point him at the bowlingchat wiki. Trust me it is pretty humbling to realize that the "facts" of ball motion and layouts that were taught up to this point have been less than accurate. But the best part is we are all in the same boat. It is up to the individual to realize that you need to be receptive to this new information. Many are not.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:07 pm 

You guys are good. That's exactly what is happening, reading the lane too early, early hook, straightens out, dead ball from there on in. Also, the line I used to measure the drill angle was actually the grip line that he marked on the ball. The thumb hole is almost directly on top of the little red 0 so I think I got the right angle. I did not use the other long line drawn from the pin to the cg for any angle measurement. That was all him. Thanks for all the advice. Sounds like a plug and redrill is in order. Noe just need to find a better driller.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:28 pm 

ryanportier wrote:
You guys are good. That's exactly what is happening, reading the lane too early, early hook, straightens out, dead ball from there on in.

Problem I had tonight. Lanes were dry in the middle and I couldn't find a line with my other balls. I hate it when the Cruel is too strong it burns up.

Raw Hammer Psycho
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
STATS
PAP: 4 1/2" right, 1" up
Revs: ~350
Speed: 14 mph

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:13 am 

I'll have to draw this up on Saturday, sorry for the wait.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:33 pm 

JustinWi wrote:
This one is most likely drilled too strong. With an axis point that far over there is a good chance your track diameter is large(also referred to as low tilt). The ball needs to retain more energy to finish better. With the inherent dynamics of the Cruel, a strong layout like you have will make it very smooth.

Try something along the lines of a 65x30@3.5" on the next one.

Thanks for the info Justin i drilled it 65 x 30 3.5" P2 hole and it is a monster I was alittle off last night but shot 680 we'll see how she goes tonight now i have to figure a layout for the Primal lol or maybe ill just stare at it a lil longer it sure is pretty

Primal Impulse
Thrash
QZ2 Backdraft
Silver Recon
100P

BOWLERS ADVANTAGE
Green Bay, WI

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:10 pm 

Very nice RJ.

Ryan, did you get yours resolved? 2 people in one thread, not sure if you got the information you needed...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:25 pm 

No Justin, I have not heard back yet. Been out of town though since thursday so no big deal. I have decided to get the ball plugged and redrilled so if you have any suggestions on layouts given my statitistics, I would greatly appreciate it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:30 pm 

I found a ball with a CG location similar to yours, so these diagrams should be pretty much spot on.

What you have now is a 55x35@4.75", no hole:

What you need is a 60x30@3" P3 Hole:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:16 am 

Thanks for the help Justin. I'll let you know how it works out.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next