MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:54 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: tx1 trouble
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:26 pm 

hey everyone...newbie here to the site. i got a tx1 the other day and had it drilled. im high track and the ball rolls over the fingers and dont flare at all. i mean it looks like a lt-48 going down the lane while its thumping away hitting the finger holes lol. i have a high rev rate also. my driller watched me throw it and he seems awwed by whats going on. it is his first motiv ball he's punch up but he is very knowledgeable about other balls....not sure if that has anything to do with it. the pin is under my ring finger with the cg at about 4-5 oclock of the pin. im not sure on the exact specs, i dont know that much about all the angle stuff. oh and it does have a small hole in it too. also 1 more question. if the core was messed up on any bowling ball, it wouldnt leave the manufacture's place would it? i know on 2nd hand balls its usually color is off or something minor right? thanks again. p.s. primal will be at my house feb 9th!! cant wait.

Post subject: Re: tx1 trouble
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:16 pm 

Were is the weight hole on the ball? Also, how are you releasing it? Even if it was "empty", the track should be left of your thumb if your right handed.

Raw Hammer Psycho
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
STATS
PAP: 4 1/2" right, 1" up
Revs: ~350
Speed: 14 mph

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:11 pm 

JimJimTheGreat wrote:
Were is the weight hole on the ball? Also, how are you releasing it? Even if it was "empty", the track should be left of your thumb if your right handed.

there is a small hole about centered between the fingers and the thumb out probably 90* away

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:39 am 

welcome to MOTIVnation 96fast

In The Bag
CRUEL C51
QZ2
PRIMAL TV4
SR2 708
RECON Silver
tzone SB

Wish List
CRUEL LE
GT1
Raptor P7
QZ2 backdraft
Sigma Tour
Primal Impulse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:55 am 

If you have a very high track, a pin under the fingers is guaranteed trouble. Not only is the bowtie in a position to flare over the fingers, but the block will pull the track even higher and it will hit. This isn't something unique to Motiv balls.

Unfortunately a plug and redrill is in order. From now on regardless of manufacturer, keep the pin even or above a line from your PAP to finger holes. You need to find your PAP to have any shot at accurately laying out a ball, and keeping it "flare safe".

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:47 pm 

thank you all very much and thanks for the welcome. ill keep that all in mind in the future. i had a feeling it was the pin location beings all my other balls are pin even or up. thanks again for the info guys, i appreciate it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:24 pm 

one more thing....how do you find your pap? do i personally have one or are all balls different on the pap? sorry may be a dumb question to you guys but im trying to understand when i get on here and read all the posts. thanks a lot again.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:28 am 

If you have a plastic ball or one that doesn't flare much, you put a piece of tape right of your center of grip. You then move that piece of tape after every throw till it doesn't move anymore when it goes down the lane. Once you see that it is not move when it spins down the lane, that is your axis. You could also throw it, then have your pro shop use the armadillo to find the PAP from your track flare.
Hope this helps.

Raw Hammer Psycho
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
STATS
PAP: 4 1/2" right, 1" up
Revs: ~350
Speed: 14 mph

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:37 am 

yes sir helps a lot. thanks to all of yas

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]