Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:25 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: inner workings SB
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:04 am 

Justin

I wonder where in the world you would find something like that, and in the right weight. :D I'd like to see a picture after you get in cleaned up.

PS: Had the LE drilled up yesterday. Get to use it tonight on the USBC shot. Layout was 60x35 @3.5

Rob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:34 am 

Let's not forget that technology is not the end all to be all for bowling; skill and technique still have to be a bowler's focus for scoring.
That being said, I think surface is more important than core for spare shooting. If plastic still hooks too much, you might consult a certified coach to get help to develop more of an end-over-end roll, or to pick up ball speed (or both).
That being said, I think the most effective spare set up I've seen is to take a poly ball, or a shiny urethane ball, and drill it axis weight; place the pin directly on your axis point, with the cg on a line connecting your pap with your center of grip line. Make sure you start with a ball with as little top weight as possible, but even so, you'll need a big hole on your pap. The ball will just roll very true, and be super predictable. I believe Dustin Baker talked about doing just that with an RX1s, and it has worked out for him. Maybe he can share more about this ball for us.

Mick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:05 am 

"....skill and technique still have to be a bowler's focus for scoring." well said Mick.

A plastic ball with less lift and more speed seems to be pretty successfull for most players.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:57 pm 

I never change balls for throwing spares. Once I find a ball that works and fits confortably for the day/night, then I use the same ball at all my spares. Less guesswork. Also, it also makes others scratch their head on how I can make the same ball that just crossed 10 to 20 boards, go straight at the 10 or 6/10.

Style: Stroker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:21 pm 

Well folks to keep on topic I started this thread for the physics/science end of "Making" a spare ball. I did however comment on lane elimination and probably threw everyone off. Sorry about that.

My original point is along the lines of everyone and their monkeys can make a plastic ball but Motiv being motivated in the industry has the oportunity to really shine and show the world that even their spare balls are the best on the market.

If the top 5 companies made 2 different spare balls one strickly for spares and one for extremely dry lanes or a plastic ball tourney you would have 5 different companies making 10 just a like plastic balls.

<<<Enter Motiv Bowling.>>>

1 ball

1 science

1 purpose.

That purpose is bringing up the pin count on bowlers and taking the worry of spare shooting out of the bowlers mind.

I really think this is why Motiv hasn't just thrown a pretty looking plastric ball out there, and said here take it or leave it.

I really think they are trying to make a difference in the spare shooters game.

Cruel C51

QZ2

O.B.A.A.T.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2