MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:04 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Help with Gt1 layout
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:19 pm 

I'm considering purchasing the Gt1 ball and am seeking advice on the layout. I'm a high track stroker with average revs (not sure exact), speed around 16 MPH, and around 45 degrees axis rotation.
I have an Elite Black Label drilled with their Delayed Performance layout. Pin placement is 5 1/2 with the CG on center line. This ball is 800 wetsand polished. I have had good success with the black label but my house has become lax on oiling the lanes before league play after open bowling. If I encounter medium lane conditions I count myself lucky and can bowl well with the black label. However, 75% of the time it's very dry, usually some carrydown and I suffer from start to finish with overeaction and burn out. I want a ball 1000 grit polished and want to stay away from pearlized balls as I have one of these already( just doesn't carry well). What would be your recommendation for a good layout to combat said conditions with the Gt1? I was hoping for a more controlled arc but I'm worried this ball wil grip to early and I don't want it delayed as much as my black label. Is this ball to much for drier lanes even with a weaker layout? Oh yeah, I prefer to play the track somewhere around the 16 board mark at ten and rolling out to around the five board. Any help is appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Help with Gt1 layout
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:35 pm 

The GT1 features the strongest cover in the line, is pearlized, and has a weaker core.

If you are looking for a solid for drier conditions, put a length drill on an SX1 and shine it. Otherwise the Red QZ1 is the choice, but it is also pearlized.

The one thing the GT has going for it is a low differential, if shined there is a chance it could work but you are getting dangerously close to the edge of the intended condition.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:58 am 

I'll second Justins advice about the GT. Having just punshed up a red QZ1, I think this is more where you want to be. The QZ gives me a nice arc. I have it set up with a 3" pin, stacked. Wanted longer but could not get one. This layout gives me what I wanted though. The GT I have is set up to be tamer but still reads the dry very hard once it come out of the oil. If the house your bowling in has low volume to start off with, the GT is not where you want to be. I used the QZ fresh off the press Thurs. night in a sport league subbing. They have very low volume and it was the right ball for a while until they really burned up. Just for reference, I used my plastic spare ball after the league was done and was able to hook it playing 3rd arrow, as well as no issue with carry. Yes they were that dry.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:43 pm 

Okay, this helps a lot. I'll go with the red QZ and hope for the best. My pearl is quite old and much on the cheaper side of things. Your dry lanes sound a bit like mine. I don't have a plastic ball but maybe I should get one for another option. I might get Gt1 also for next season to replace my elite as it has quite a few games on it and some pretty big nicks in the track. From all the reviews I've read this sounds like a terrific ball(as long as there is oil). Once again, thanks for the advice and prompt reply. Cheers and best of luck!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]