MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:30 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Drill Pattern
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:24 pm 

Has anybody tried drilling through the pin on any one of the balls. A friend of mine did it on a couple of Storm products. Good mid-lane read, and backend even through the carrydown. I was thinking mayb the red QZ1 or maybe TR2. Any thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Drill Pattern
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:45 pm 

Yes, I have drilled at least a half a dozen ball for myself w/ring finger through the pin. This puts the pin @ 4 1/4" from my PAP. Give be a good read on med. to med.-heavy patterns depending on the surface of the ball. Should work well on the TR2 but have not considered it on the red QZ1. May have to give that a try myself. Let us know how the TR2 reacts if you decide to drill it that way. Dump the Utah stuff & go w/the men from Michigan. ;)

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:40 pm 

The only thing you want to be careful of when drilling out the pin is to pilot with a couple of drill bits at least 4 sizes smaller. The way Motiv suspends their blocks in manufacturing uses a small washer at the top of the block, if you just cut it with a 31/32 bit for an insert for example, the bit will hit the pin assembly and significantly mess up your hole. Use a 27/23 first, then 15/16, then 31/32.

And remember, take the whole pin out now or you will get some now and some later.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:58 am 

Thank you for the info! I am debating on the drill itself. Unfortunatley,I'm not on staff yet, so I can't just buy a bunch MOTIV stuff like I want to and play around. I got my SR2 about 2 weeks ago and absolutley love it.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]