MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:27 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: frustration setting in...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:54 am 

Everything you all just said is why I started drilling my own stuff, then opened a pro-shop. I was tired of bowling balls that all felt different, and no one even checked my PAP back in the day. I wish shops took more pride in what they do. Also I'm irritated that most shops try to sell a new ball when only a minor fix of your old ball is in order. That has actually brought me even more business.

I hope things works out for everyone so they can enjoy the love and honor I have in using Motiv equipment.

Michael

:D P.S. this is my first post with my new laptop !!!! :D

RX1s 60x6x70
QZ2 1 inch pin to pap
Thrash 1 inch pin to pap
QZ2 BACKDRAFT 60x5x65
TZ3 70x5.5x30
Primal Impulse 90x3.5x55
Primal Impulse 75x5.5x40
Sigma Tour 80x5.5x40
Raptor Attack 95x5.25x30
Raptor P7 45x4.5x30 P1

More not listed!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:16 pm 

It's sad to see that you have to go through all this trouble and that you aren't getting good service.

I know how you feel cause when I got my Hammer Road Hawg about 5 years ago. I went into the pro shop at one of the other bowling centers here in San Antonio and they completely messed up my drilling.

That's kind of why I moved to throwing with no thumb. I had no chance of being able to get my thumb in the ball and my fingers up top cause the span was about 1/2" off from when I had this checked when drilling my Primal.

The great thing is that I found one of the best pro shops in San Antonio in my opinion and one of the best people in the business. He spent about 45 minutes with me on his day off to help me find my PAP, take all of my measurements, and then setup everything to get my Primal drilled as soon as I got in the mail.

To me that is dedication that I wish was all across the bored at bowling centers, but you have people who just don't care or just haven't ever had anyone complain because they have no other choice in places to go and get equipment drilled.

The great thing is we do have Justin if we ever need anything definitely fixed. I saw that job he did on the split ball off of pictures on Facebook and that was awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:36 pm 

What is a Cruel OOB? and how long does it take to come up from OOB to 4K also what do you proshop guys charge to do this? I'll explain if your answers differ from what happened to me. Thanks

Cruel C51

QZ2

O.B.A.A.T.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:52 am 

relbac3 wrote:
What is a Cruel OOB? and how long does it take to come up from OOB to 4K also what do you proshop guys charge to do this? I'll explain if your answers differ from what happened to me. Thanks

Cruel is 2000 Wet Sand.

If you're currently at 4000, then they should do: 500 wet, 1000 wet, 2000 wet to get it back to OOB surface. Read that somewhere on the forum, there might be something before 500, maybe 360 or something, I don't know for sure.

Before I had my own ball spinner (DIY Spinner from a Drill Press), the proshops would roughly charge $3.00 to return a ball back to OOB surface, and another $3.00 to add polish.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:00 pm 

Thats what I thought. Although I only paid $2.00 to bring it from OOB to 4K it wasn't wet sanded it had an abr pad applied to it for all of 3 seconds no water no bringing it down then back up just touched it (litterally) just touched it with what I assume was a 4K pad took it out of the sink (not a ball spinner) wiped it off with his hand and handed back to me. This is a principle thing. Don't piss down my neck and tell me its raining.

Cruel C51

QZ2

O.B.A.A.T.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:25 am 

I feel your pain as well bro, Ive only had 2 people drill my equipment and one will never touch a ball I purchase again. Had a 505a drilled by Justin a few years ago, moved further away from Justin and found a new pro-shop. Had the new pro-shop owner dill me a ball.... he copied the ball punched by Justin and still screwed it up. I am now back in Henrietta and I am privileged to have Justin drill all my equipment and catch up with him during leagues from time to time if I need advice or some eyes to watch the ball roll. You wont be disappointed with the quality of work you get from JW.

Motiv-ate your game
(R)QZ1/GT1/SR2/SX1

Sig T soon I hope, Maybe a Raptor for X-mas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:03 pm 

Time to find a new proshop. Sorry dude none of use are perfect but three in a row? What state you in? I asure you if you use the pro shop finder. You can find some one to help. 8-)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2