MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:22 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Cruel LE layouts for lanes with dry backends
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:53 pm 

When I first saw the new Cruel LE colors I fell in love! But i'm afraid thats way too much ball for the league I bowl in that strips the backends every night. I currently am throwing a GT1 that has a 4K polish and a SX1 with a P1 hole. Some nights Both of these balls hook out of the house. I play from far left dot and throw out between 1st and 2nd arrow, 15-16mph, moderate revs and medium to high track. I don't know my PAP measurements but would like some ideas for a tame layout for this monster of a ball.

Thanks-
Bill

QZ-2

RX-1 (S)
Sigma Tour
Motiv Spare Ball?

Post subject: Re: Cruel LE layouts for lanes with dry backends
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:49 am 

I'm not trying to veer anybody away from a new ball, but with a GT1 and Sx1 you're admitting that they are too much at times, I wouldn't want a Cruel LE if I were you. AND, I wouldn't buy a ball just to tame it down with a certain drilling. This ball is, like you said, a monster. So leave it a monster. If you don't want a monster, add a silver Rx1 to your group and go from there.

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:22 pm 

I agree! If you already have 2 balls that hook alot on your current condition, it makes no sense to spend money on a more aggressive ball for that condition. Silver Recon would be an excellent choice for when the GT1 & SX1 hook too much. Unless you are planning on bowling a Sport League or tournaments w/heavier volumes of oil stick to Jay's recommendation.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:21 pm 

This is what you can do if you want a real smooth roll with out flip on the back end. Do whats called a Axis levarge Drilling on the ball. What you need to do is put the pin on you PAP. This kind of drilling you will have to drill out the pin with a big weight hole. If you are off a little it will not work. I always have one in my bag at all times. All this layout does is roll with no track flare or next to nothing. Great layout for strong balls so that you can use the hitting power of the bigger cores. Great for over under lanes and also short oil patterns. Very limited layout becuase you take all flip out of the ball and you must hit you mark becuase if you miss Right/Left it just don't recover at all. Good luck and talk to your local proshop about this he know you game the best.

Ramon Estrada
PBA Member
Motiv Staff Member

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]