MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:39 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: BTM Ball review, May 2011
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:25 am 

Has anyone else read the new BTM with the C51 LE review in it? Am I the only guy that thinks their reviews as of late have contained a bunch of errors and that their hook ratings are a little off?

Post subject: Re: BTM Ball review, May 2011
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:18 am 

Yeah, just got my BTM yesterday & glanced through it. IMO the Cruel LE is sharper on the b/e than the original Cruel & when you sand it to 1000 grit (like they did in the review) it really comes alive. I think the overall hook rating of 50 is alittle short. Me thinks it should be 52-53, however, I cannot in good consious say it ranks up there w/World Beater, Marvel, or Nano. As has been well documented on this Forum, the drilling layouts for the Cruel are somewhat tricky & what many ball drills consider 'standard' layouts for asymm balls just do not work on the Cruel due to its' very aggressive core/coverstock combo. If I read the General Info section of the review correctly they have 2 of their 3 drilling w/pin below fingers. This will get an early reading ball to read real early and thus burn up alot of its energy quickly. They probably could have gone w/a better layout the brings out some of the better characteristics of the Cruel LE. And as alway, the lane surface, oil used, and volume of oil plays a role in the reaction as well. With all that said, I think it was a pretty fair & accurate review of the ball.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]