Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:44 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: cruel LE layout help, student of dual angle
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:53 pm 

TOP5 wrote:
I generated a 70 x 3.5 x 35 but that would put thumb verry near the PSA and I don't feel comfortable with that.

A thumbhole placed near to the PSA marker(High RG Axis) will reduce the RG of the Pin(Low RG Axis) and intermediate, adding differential and intermediate differential. This isn't necessarily a bad thing.

TOP5 wrote:
PAP: 4.5 > .5 ^
axis tilt: 7*
speed: 17 mph
rev rate: 300
Rotation: 30* - 60*
span: 4 1/6m 4 1/8r

You are very balanced, but the 7* of tilt is very low. If you redrill the LE, I would go 60x40@3" with a P3 hole.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:22 pm 

Thanks for the info. I left the ball at the pro shop to plug my P2 hole so I can drill a P3. I think a 4.75 pin to pap would still give me problems. I think I will just tell them to do a full plug and re drill using the recommended layout and adjust from there

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:30 pm 

JustinWi wrote:
A thumbhole placed near to the PSA marker(High RG Axis) will reduce the RG of the Pin(Low RG Axis) and intermediate, adding differential and intermediate differential.

I believe the hole on the PSA raises the value of the high RG axis, as well as lowering the value of the other two.

I'm looking into this further to get a better understanding of how this happens and what axis values change. Stay tuned.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:42 pm 

JustinWi wrote:
JustinWi wrote:
A thumbhole placed near to the PSA marker(High RG Axis) will reduce the RG of the Pin(Low RG Axis) and intermediate, adding differential and intermediate differential.

I believe the hole on the PSA raises the value of the high RG axis, as well as lowering the value of the other two.

I'm looking into this further to get a better understanding of how this happens and what axis values change. Stay tuned.

I would guess on a Cruel a hole on the psa would be overkill. Someone tried to sell me a used OG Cruel with thumb directly on the psa marker. For me the layout would be about 70 x 4 x 30 no hole. A P1 hole I think would counter some of that extra diff. if I felt like tweaking it. I personally have never owned an assymmetric ball drilled this way so I am curious to know more.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:01 am 

I got some clarification. A hole will raise the RG value of the spot it is drilled with an insignificant amount of change at the equator of the hole placement. This means that a hole on the PSA will only significantly raise the high RG axis, the intermediate and Low RG axes will effectively remain the same value, thereby increasing the total diff and intermediate diff.

The one question that remains in my mind is if the finger holes will raise the RG of the Low RG axis(PIN) as well. This could basically nullify the diff change created by drilling out the PSA, but possibly only if the fingers are in close proximity to the pin. Also, since the intermediate value stays the same, the intermediate may be stable as teh total diff changes. I'm playing with a trial version of blueprint right now to figure it out. If you make the fingers .3 dia and .1 depth, it will only drill the thumb. Neat stuff. I'll update with my findings.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:12 am 

Because of being asked many times about drilling out the PSA, I played with Blueprint a bit tonight to get some numbers down. Here is the sum of my research thus far:
The 70x40@5" ends up with the PSA in the thumb, the pin just above the fingers. The 40x70@5" keeps all 3 axes away from holes.

Method:
I compared an undrilled ball to both a ball with only a thumbhole drilled into the PSA, and a ball drilled with a full grip. These are the grip specs I used:
Thumb onlyImage
Whole GripImage

Here are the RG contour maps and values. The values are summarized in the chart above.

Thumb in PSA
Undrilled:

Thumb Only:

Full Grip

No initial axis in any hole.
Thumb Only:

Full Grip:

I'm sleepy, will draw conclusions later on.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2