MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:58 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Trex's SR2
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:21 pm 

Trex,
Not sure if you deleted your thread, but here is my suggestion...

The fact that the surface adjustment improved your look is important, as is the fact that the current layout will provide length and a smooth transition to friction.

Try it at 1000 abralon with no polish. If that creates a situation where you loose carry, a redrill is in order.

With a 5 1/4 over axis point, that ball has a very lengthy layout. It will be sensitive to carrydown and changes in speed and rev rate. I would have liked to have seen the pin next to the ring in this instance, allowing the block to do most of the work. Box finish would have worked significantly better for you.

Basically, the ball needs to create more friction to manage energy properly, so 1000 abralon is a good place to start.

Post subject: Re: Trex's SR2
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:13 pm 

[color=#FFFFBJustin,

Thanks for the input. I assume you saw the picture. I deleted it because it seemed super big. I'll try it at 1000.

If I plug it what would I tell or show my driller as far as how I want it done. Would it be the Motiv length & leverage for a high track ? My ball guy for the last 8-10 yrs recently moved to Texas drilling for the USBC and I really miss his knowledge & input. He more than likely wouldn't have let me drill the SR2 the way it is.

Thanks again.F][/color]

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:49 pm 

What are you looking for the ball to do, and what are your specs again?

I saw the pic in the other thread but don't remember your specs.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:07 am 

My PAP is 5 1/4 w 1/2 up. Normally a straight up player, med speed & revs. Thrown Track the last several years, mostly skid flip. The Temper was my benchmark ball. Wanted to try symetric balls and liked what I saw and read about Motiv.

The SR2 as is with the pin under was over/under OOB. I tried 2000 A and it was more consistant but didn't carry well. It is at 1000 now with polish, best carry of the 3. More flare and deeper line with all 3 surfaces than I have ever experienced, along with more ten pins. Bowled mostly 1st shift this year and carried better with it when I bowled or practiced on a 2nd shift type shot.

When I changed to Motiv I decided to try the pin under to get more mid lane movement, probably a bad move with my game, this ball, and a new pro shop that didn't talk me out of it.

I need something I can square up with more on 1st shift and use for a benchmark. Would the GT1 give me that or the SR2 with length & leverage. Would like to come up with a little 3 ball arsenal, maybe throw in the QZ1 red.

Sorry for rambling.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:29 pm 

Where you go from here really depends on what we end up getting out of your SR2. I don't see a problem with a GT1 and QZ1R, but before we can get too specific with layouts and surfaces we have to dial the SR2 for you.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]