MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:46 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Recon RX-1, Episode 1 and 2 *Now with VIdeo*
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:52 pm 

Here they are drilled up.

65x30@5.5, I drilled this the same as my favorite SX1. When the SX1 is too much I wanted a step down, this fits the bill very nicely.

70x75@4.5, I decided to try something a bit different with this one, a low and kicked out pattern with a hole. I very rarely put holes in balls, this one got one. I compare it to my second favorite SX1 that is similarly laid out minus the hole and a few different degrees.

And here is the vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z3DloS0NIU

Post subject: Re: Recon RX-1, Episode 1 and 2 *Now with VIdeo*
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:32 pm 

Hi guys, I learning a little about layouts & drilling, but what is 20 over 9 mean?????? Also, where can I get the specs on the " Reco" layout??? I'm a right hander, 14.5-16mph, stroker..do not know what my rev's are( is there a way to figure them out???), & want to drill the RX1 with the pin above my ring finger hole & CG stacked below finger hole..saw this at the PBA Senior @ Mooresville in May. Would a 3-4 or 4-5" pin work better????

Thanks..keep the pics & video coming..it's the only way me & my ball driller can figure out some drill patterns..thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:01 pm 

seniorstroker wrote:
what is 20 over 9 mean??????

20 board at the foul line, 9 at the arrows. Just an indication of where on the lane I'm standing in order to help further illustrate the difference between the balls.

seniorstroker wrote:
where can I get the specs on the " Reco" layout???

The Rico layout is quite simple. Pin is in the center of grip, CG is at 45 degrees in the thumb positive quadrant with a weighthole 6.75" from the pin thru the CG.

seniorstroker wrote:
do not know what my rev's are( is there a way to figure them out???)

The best way is through video. Place a line of tape from your PAP to finger hole, video it, replay in slo mo/frame by frame and count. Higher frame rate cameras are better, some are adjustable.

seniorstroker wrote:
want to drill the RX1 with the pin above my ring finger hole & CG stacked below finger hole. Would a 3-4 or 4-5" pin work better????

Depends on what reaction you are looking for, your span, and the shot you intend to use it on.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:10 pm 

Hi Justin, thanks for the comments.. I have never heard the term over down here in NC..haha...we normally say 20 to 10..but it does make sense after an explaination..I'm going to use the RX1 on burnt-up, dry, or short oil..playing 10 & out..if the lanes are really bad I move left & play straight up 10with a lot of speed..not my fav shot..too lod to throw it that hard..sorry about the spelling on the Rico..my span is 4 3/4 ring & 4 11/16 middle..my thumb is 1/8 under/ toward palm..everybody says it different..& 0 lt.. also, LOVE the Vise IT, same feel everytime I change balls..makes a big diff, normally takes a frame or two after changing..now 0 or 1 balls, I'm back in the saddle..ps nice video's..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:40 pm 

With a longer span and using the Vise-It, I'd say a 4" pin. You can keep the statics balanced a bit more with a longer pin while keeping the pin above the fingers. After drilling it you may consider a small P3 hole to smooth it a tick on the drier stuff if you find it erratic, or have trouble carrying.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:58 pm 

Thanks Justin, now if the 15th will ever get here, I will be ok..now on the 15th will Buddies, bowlersparadise, or bowlingball have the Rx1 available on that day for ordering???? Thanks for info..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:00 pm 

I would assume, not being affiliated with those companies I can't say for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:06 pm 

Just got my RX1 drilled last night.

Justin, I liked how your 65x30@5.5 ball rolled in your video, so I went with the same layout. (my first ball with a dual angle layout) I will get to try it out this Thursday.

Motiv Gear (14#):
TZ3 55 x 4.75 x 30
Primal 60 x 4.5 x 30
Cruel 40 x 4 x 40
Sigma Hybrid 30 x 4.5 x 60
Sniper

RH Stroker
PAP: 4.625 ^ 1.125
15-15.5 mph
260 RPM
Axis Rot.: 55 - 60
Tilt: 44

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:17 pm 

That layout clears the fronts very nicely with a bit of pop for carry. It is geared toward higher rev rates, but if you are rev/speed balanced you should have fine results.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]