MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:27 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Silver Recon drilling help needed
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:48 am 

Ok my poor silver recon is now on it's 3rd drilling pattern and the pro shop driller needs some help with what I am asking him to do. I had the pin above and slightly to the left of my middle finger and the cg close between the middle finger and ring finger drilled before and I loved it. Well had it plugged big mistake and drilled left handed for a while after knee surgery. Now after the pro shop driller redrilled the ball not in the place that I wanted it after he basically argued with me that it'll hit the thumb hole if he drills it back where it was and I told him it won't even though it never did before and this SOB drills it to hook early and to hook a lot heck it hooks more then my cruel does now. Now what is the weakest drill layout possible for this ball. I throw right handed, lots of revs on the ball and 17 mph. I bowl on short oil pattern with lots of backend. I need this ball as weak as possible. It looks like someone had a plug fest done to it but it's my prized Motiv. I already told this guy if he messes this last chance drilling up he'll never see me in his pro shop again. It sucks having 1 pro shop around and a 50 mile drive to another one. Oh 1 more thing the driller also told me he's drilled 3 motiv up just liek I want it and they all have rolled over the thumb hole so this is why he's not very confident in the way I want it drilled but like I showed him the holes are plugged there so just drill those same holes out I kinda nervous having him even touch my Motiv balls anymore hell any other ball he can just hack them up there garbage anyways only a Motiv is a real bowling ball these days.

And if any Muskegon guys/gals read this throw litter in the Brunswick parking lot for me damn I hate what they did to my hometown those bastards but we got a true Muskegon ball company now. Just tell them Parker Bohn did it.

In my bag: Motiv TZ3, Cruel, QZ1 prl,Hammer Taboo, Hammer Taboo Spare (is really my strike ball on burnt lanes), Lane #1 SOS, Roto Grip Grenade

Post subject: Re: Silver Recon drilling help needed
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:52 am 

If you have to drive an hour to find a good ball driller its worth the trip.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:30 pm 

Yea I know that. I like the way this guy drills it's just he never had any good results with a negative pin layout for the silver recon yet. So I'm trying to find more information for him so he can he can have confidence when drilling this ball for me. What drives me crazy is since he's a USBC silver certified coach he seems to have this I know whats better for you then you know whats good for yourself and that doesn't fly with me. But like I said this is his last chance to get this ball right and if he can't well then he's done. I have a bunch of other balls but this is my go to ball at this one house since even fresh oil everything I have is flying hard left after 1 game.

In my bag: Motiv TZ3, Cruel, QZ1 prl,Hammer Taboo, Hammer Taboo Spare (is really my strike ball on burnt lanes), Lane #1 SOS, Roto Grip Grenade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:40 pm 

To be honest, it's going to be hard to give you any sort of layout suggestion without really knowing your PAP, speed, rev rate, axis tilt, and axis rotation.

That's going to be what the guru of MOTIV bowling is going to need in order to assist you. If he doesn't have that, then video might be good enough and if all else fails it would just be a complete shot in the dark.

By the way, the guru is JustinWi who is on the forum. He's one of the best people that you can have behind you for layout suggestions and other problems regarding gear.

If I had to throw out any kind of layout suggestion, then you could maybe drill the same as me. You can view my stats below and my Recon goes extremely long, but hits very hard! I've used it on toasted lanes and it works great and I can play with it all day without even moving any boards.

I haven't used it on any short patterns, but I might be able to do that this fall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF95NCMHLNg

Above is the link to me throwing the Recon, but keep in mind that was when my Recon was dull and at 800. I've since taken it back up to 4K with PG Polish and it goes a lot longer, but still hits HARD!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]