MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:22 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: polish
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:52 pm 

I'd like to try some polish on my ball for some more lenght, will it take away some of its hook

Post subject: Re: polish
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:56 pm 

yes and no. It'll make your ball go longer and it'll save the energy and have more of a back end on it, but not all balls will do this. Some balls it'll add length and not as much of a back end and others it'll add length and more snap on the backend which could result in more hook but it makes it's move towards the pocket farther down the lane. I use polish on every ball I own I want it to go as long as possible but that's my play style.

If you decide to use some polish I'd go with Motiv polish it works just like Track polish does and it's cheaper as well. Motiv makes the best polish on the Market IMO.

In my bag: Motiv TZ3, Cruel, QZ1 prl,Hammer Taboo, Hammer Taboo Spare (is really my strike ball on burnt lanes), Lane #1 SOS, Roto Grip Grenade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:45 pm 

The PG Polish is great to use and it really makes your ball look good!

I was at the bowling center last week with my QZ2 that was dull as can be and looked all beat up. I came home that night after bowling and resurfaced it back to box finish.

I took it back up to the pro shop the next day and everyone in there thought it was brand new. The only way I got them to believe it was the same ball is with them seeing the patch job that was done.

That's how good the PG Polish can make your ball look and also it really does wonders out on the lane. The whole reason for the resurface and return to box finish was due to the QZ2 hooking a bit too much at the break.

It's not that I don't like a lot of hook or anything along those lines, but sometimes it's not big hook that will get you great scores. It's those balls that have the nice smooth shot all the way through and needless to say, I got that when I returned my QZ2 back to glory!

Overall, the PG Polish product is extremely good and well worth the money.

By the way, as far as it taking hook or adding hook to your gear. That's kind of 50/50 based on the condition that you play, how you throw the ball, and other factors.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:35 pm 

how about a CRUEL C51 LE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:07 pm 

My Le went longer but the hook stayed smooth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:42 pm 

I brought my LE (60x4.5x35) down to 360, then hit it on 4 sides with Brunswick Rough Buff, and followed that with Brunswick High Gloss Factory Finish on 4 sides. It didn't add much more length compared to OOB, maybe a foot or 2 at most, but it definitely made the ball more angular @ the break point. I'm loving my LE now on our Fresh THS for league (Kegel Main Street).

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]