MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:29 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Need to modify Primal layout
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:43 pm 

I was able to pick up a used Primal at my local proshop for a decent price. It had the IT installed and it fits my hand so I couldn't resist. But the ball doesn't respond well to my game. I find it to be too over/under. The layout using my pap 4.5> .5^ is 45x4.5x80 with what looks like a a P1.5 hole 3/4x 2.5"deep. I am speed = revs, 7*tilt, 45* rotation +/- 15*. On all my symmetrical equipment the the VAL angle isn't greater than 40*. If I was to measure the layout by using the after drilling PSA it would measure about 100* :shock: I don't think the P1.5 hole helps either. The Pin to Pap distance however looks acceptible. One Idea I had was to move the hole 2.5" down the VAL to move the psa closer to my PAP. But before I start pluging and punching new holes I am looking for opinions from the experts.

Post subject: Re: Need to modify Primal layout
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:32 am 

I would certainly try to alter the reaction by going with a full-blown P3 hole. This ball will be a great dry lane ball or "cheetah" or "Beijing" ball because of the very slow transition on the back. Don't be afraid to mess with the surface, too. That will help you dial it in; just don't be too hopeful to be able to use it on a flood. There are better balls in the lineup for a flood; this ball will fill a niche if you ever run into those types of conditions.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:58 am 

I have the Raptor and the Cruel for the flood ;) what more do I need.

I believe you are right that this ball will serve me better on shorter dryier conditions

I would assume to use the Projected PSA when locating the P3 hole to shift the the actual psa closer to the PAP. is that correct?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:15 am 

I've had my Primal down at 800 for the surface the last few months and that thing is just nuts on flooded lanes.

The transition is very smooth, but still quick enough to make it to the pocket every single time.

I usually have the layout listed below, but since my PAP changed a few days ago after measuring again. I need to measure the layout on the ball to know the exact angles, but I'll update you all when that time comes and maybe I can get it done tomorrow!

By the way, good job on having the Raptor! That thing is a freaking BEAST ON THE LANES!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:14 am 

Any chance at a pic?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:56 am 

Hope this helps

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:55 pm 

Pic helps alot.

I'd throw it as is and see what happens. Not my favorite layout for Primals, but before investing the time to plug the whole thing you might get lucky and it will work out as is.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:00 pm 

If it were mine, i'd try the P3 first. if it fits in the bag, or fills a void in your arsenal, bonus. otherwise, don't be afraid to start all over. that is a big VAL angle for sure.
Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:42 am 

plamormick wrote:
This ball will be a great dry lane ball or "cheetah" or "Beijing" ball

I was fortunate to get to practice on Kegels USBC Junior Gold pattern 36 ft. I threw the primal at 4000 PG Polish. The ball seemed to push past the break point I was hitting half pocket most the time. I took it down to 1000 and got more control and got that Motive roll that I love. Had a few games in the 210's. The ball started burning off to much tilt by the fith game.
plamormick wrote:
If it were mine, i'd try the P3 first.

I am curious though. If I place a P3 or P4 hole using the projected PSA (6 3/4" pin through cg) would that increase the differential plus move the PSA closer to the PAP? In theory it would be shortening both the angles. Hope I dont sound dumb :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:31 pm 

I guess my thought was that I would want the ball to get started earlier, because it had a long pin, and a slow transitioning back end reaction. A P3 to me would get her rolling sooner. Surface make a difference, too, so it sounds like you may have found the right combination already.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]