MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:28 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Tourney recap from the Mickey Michalojko Memorial
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:36 am 

First off, thanks to Bob for running a very well organized and fun tournament.

Brett - Great meeting and bowling with you. Putting a face to a name is always great.

I left Warren at about 10am, arrived at Colonial Lanes at about 12:20 to a packed house. The first squad was full and I arrived around the end of the second game. Met Bob, Brett and said hi to Larry Verble. Got suited up and settled in to start our squad. I only got in the Eliminator as brackets generally don't work out too well haha. Tried a few different balls in practice and settled on the QZ1 Purple with the 2 1/2 pin.

I lined up standing 25 looking 6. First 3 shots were in the pocket but carry was elusive. I moved a touch and dialed it in for a 205 the first game.

Second game started out real rough, 10pin then 2 opens then a couple single pins. I was behind on the move but bumped left a couple of boards and strung 5 and left a 10pin the last shot. Finished with a 201.

Third game I caught a pair that the left lane seemed like someone took a towel up 16, a major burn spot. Struggled a bit, tried moving to 27 looking 9. 9th frame on the left lane I made a 6and3 and left a 4pin. Fortunately I finished on teh right lane and hit 2 of 3 for 200 on the nose.

Fourth game the first shot I threw the QZ again where I was lined up before after one of the gents on my pair missed the headpin on what looked like a good shot. I left an odd 6 pin and piked it, doubled then strung 5. I had a few Brooklyn this game because if I tugged it or cut it short the tiniest amount it took off. Get up in the 9th, on a 250 pace and blowout a 7-10. Grabbed the SX1 and jumped in a few to get 2 of 3 again to finish with a 223.

I totaled 829 which placed 7th on my squad, 2nd in the Eliminator. Not too bad considering the cut was around 30 under.

The first round of finals was a 2 game total elimination round. The first pair was TORCHED. In 5 minutes of practice I tried every ball I had everywhere on the lane and had nothing. it seemed like a 10-10 reverse block had formed. I tried standing way left but couldn't get a ball to project past 16. One gent on my pair lined up on the cross, and the other used his viz a ball around 20 to 15. I let one out a bit far and it hung, so I grabbed my negative QZ1P and stood 15 looking 4 and strung 4 for 173.

The second game we won't talk about. Needless to say I didn't make the second round of qualifying lol. My goal for the day was to make the cut, beyond that was gravy, so it was a good day.

Best part of the day was to have met fellow Motivnation Bob and Brett.

I did speak with a few folks down there to field a few questions about the Motiv gear and company, there is definitely more and more interest everywhere I go. Many haven't yet heard about the brand, always great to get people interested.

Thanks again for everything, and next year I'll remember it is BYOB haha

Last edited by JustinWi on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Tourney recap from today, Mickey Michalojko Memorial
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:44 am 

You did better than me this weekend. Apparently it was retro 80's weekend everywhere I went, starting with subbing at Clover Thurs. No one had any volume out this weekend and there was no plus cuts to prove it. Are you doing Dougs this weekend?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:16 am 

Phil Kaiser wrote:
Are you doing Dougs this weekend?

Would, but $95 is a little steep right now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:46 am 

There is a $40.00 sweeper on Friday night. You could always roll over any winnings. Thats my plan at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:04 am 

Where at?

Thanks for sharking my thread lol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:09 am 

Dougs. They run it Friday night for anyone who wants to bowl. You don't have to be signed up for the main event. The condition is every bit as fun as the one he puts out for the main event too. if I remember correctly, I think it was somewhere around 650 that won it last year. And I'm really good at stealing threads. :-)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:58 pm 

Thank you very much, Justin, for making the trek down to my tournament. Greatly appreciate you being there, as well as Brett. Enjoyed watching you two 'youngsters' bowl. If I had half the hand you do now back when I was your age, people would be saying . . walter ray who? ;) We were fortunate to have a great turnout, a technical sell out. And finally had good weather for the bowlers to get there. I've been know to pick some nasty weather w/e's. Should have stayed around for the finals, Justin & Brett, excellent finish coming down to the final frame of the 2-game total pin match. Adam Barta ended up winning by one stick. Even had a local Youngstown, OH. TV station come and interview me for a segmit they did on the event. No autographs, please. :D Anyhow thanx for coming guys & hope to see you both again soon.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]