MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:39 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: sr2 'lighter' success
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:52 pm 

Back in Nov. I had some right shoulder problems so I decided to try a 14# ball for the first time. After meeting Scott Wilbur back in July I was convinced that he is committed to quality so my son and I have been drilling and using Motiv all season. I own a small center and pro shop in MI and am committed to buy MI products when I can. Since using a #14 SR2 I have been averaging over 220 and have not lost a bit of carry. In fact, I think I can get more on the lighter ball and carry has been better when I don't overthrow it. Layout is 70x5x45 (pin under fingers and cg kicked out slightly). I'm a Sr. bowler and have had a lot of good games and sets with this ball including a 299 and a 792 on different nights. The 792 included 19 strikes in a row. So if your thinking of trying a lighter ball but fear you'll lose something, the cores and outer core material used in these balls will bring it. I have been selling these balls increasingly more and many in our center are now using Motiv. Thanks Scott. We're Motivated.

Post subject: Re: sr2 'lighter' success
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:02 pm 

I have thrown 14lb gear for about 4 years now, and love it. I still once every couple of games will almost leave a 7-9, had a few close calls in PA at Bob's tournament.

Yep, all those balls in my videos that are smashing pins to bits, are 14s.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:46 pm 

Great, the secret is getting out. I have been at 14 for about a year. Carry is much better. I think it is only a matter of time before the transition to 14lb balls takes place, just like when everyone dropped from 16 to 15.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:10 pm 

Don't forget too, that you have been having some good success in local tournaments.. Just finished 10th at the one that was sponsored by Motiv.

I found, when I had 14 lbs a few years back (I think I was 22 or so), that I did have increased revolutions and balls speed. I did see the same amount of carry I had with 15. However, they were my mothers bowling balls that I had stolen from her and drilled for myself. One was a Ebonite Tiger that had about 15 clear plugs in it, a Lane 1 Carbide Buzzsaw with about 4 or 5 plugs, and a NIB Hammer Blade Particle.

I did have a tendency to throw it too hard though and miss it at the bottom and sail it through the break point.

Justin, how old are you and how long have you been using 14?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:01 pm 

This is an idea I've been kicking around for a few weeks now..... I am just getting back into bowling and own 3 balls.... all 15lbs. I've been having trbl getting speed up and I tend to cup my elbow to much in my swing..... I have been curious as to whether dropping to 14lbs would help me bring my speed up and allow me to bend my arm less at release?

Motiv-ate your game
(R)QZ1/GT1/SR2/SX1

Sig T soon I hope, Maybe a Raptor for X-mas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:03 am 

I'm 26, and have been throwing 14s for about 4 years. Prior to the switch I was all 15s. I used to leave more 9 pins than 10 pins. My first 299s were stone 9s. As seen in the vids I still do ping 9s, but not as frequently. Messengers are a plenty as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:42 pm 

Hey, if 14 lbs. work for ya' go with it !! Just have to be careful of anything less than 14# because they have to alter the core in inside dynamics of the ball to accommedate the reduction in weight. I just dropped down to 15 lbs. 2 1/2 yrs. ago & I wish I won't have weighted so long.

ps: nice talking to you, bhutchy. Hope to offically meet some day.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]