MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:31 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Sr2 drilling
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:36 am 

I think the general theme of this forum is how someone's punched up a ball that they liked. That being said, I drilled up the Sr2 recently with a 50 x 4.5 x 40 drilling. That ended up being the pin above my ring finger, CG in my palm. The ball goes long, and snaps hard, basically. It goes along with my league shot well. It's your standard house pattern, but they like to keep more units on the outside part of the lane than most other house shots.
After 3 games so far, 677. that was just drilled, out of the box, and took it to league. On my house pattern, with a good amount of oil in the heads, and fresh back ends, I had to keep it around 13 and go out to about 7/8 but didn't discover that until almost the end of the 1st game. After finding it, the shot held up well until the 6th frame of the 3rd game, when I went high. I moved 2 with my feet, and 2 with my eyes, playing 15 to 8 and struck out, almost. Next time that I bowl in that particular house, 13 to 8 will be my starter shot.
Now that the tech talk is done, let me be myself by saying DAMN! That ball hits hard! Messengers on light hits, and flush makes the pins look like little bitches! Excuse my language, MotivNation, but Sheesh! That ball hits! Sr2 baby! Motivated me 4 life, probably!

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

Post subject: Re: Sr2 drilling
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:33 pm 

No problem on the colorful language, Jay. We are all bowlers . . we've heard much worse! :o The SR2 can be a bad mother . . watch your mouth! Sorry, I'm old enough to have "Shaft" flash backs. If you want to see what this baby can do, I did a cross sanding of the coverstock. 1000 grit perpendicular to the track and a 2000 parallel to the track. WOW! Did I get some midlane read and a very strong move off the pattern. Shot 965 (4-games) w/3 splits in Travel League. Loved the way it hit!! Had so many messengers coming across that the post office sent me a bill! :) Try the SX1 next for little drier conditions or when you want to get the ball to get down the lane & make a strong move. Same core as SR2 w/less aggressive coverstock. Really love mine. Best of luck & welcome to Motiv-nation.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm 

Hey Bob... Shut yo mouth! Haha I'm JUST old enough for it... I might try putting a little surface on it, because I was a little forced to play inside/out with the ball. It'd be nice to keep my hookpoint left of everyone else, because when they broke down friday, it JUMPED left on me in a hurry. Now are you talking about using the abralon pads when you say 1000 grit/2000 grit? Either way, I have no problem playing inside/out with it really. Maybe that Sx1 could be my down and in ball. I was sort of thinking that the Qz1 was going to take that role though. I'm sort of perplexed between those 2, because the qz1 has been the choice of a lot of Motiv bowlers at my house.

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:31 am 

Yes, I am talking about Abralon pad when I speak of sanding my SR2 w/1000 & 2000. Although I also use the new pads made by that company out of Mexico. I do have to admit they are pretty good. Regarding the SX1 vs QZ's, I find the QZ's to go longer and make a smoother move off the pattern then the SX1, especially the purple QZ1. Both QZ's are great on THS if you can stay outside in and/or very close to the dry. The SX1 has the stronger core so it has more of a 'pop' on the backend. Don't think you can go wrong w/either ball just may have to play alittle different line w/each.

Motiv Staff Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:12 am 

Bob, that's pretty helpful info there. I think, for now, I'm going to drill up a 5 1/2" pin up red Qz1, as I'm looking to start off with a pretty drastic difference in balls. (Little budgeted too!) So I'd say, in order of low to high, my arsenal's going to be the Qz1, the Sr2 that I have, and a Tr2 probably drilled 4" pin, still above fingers to save the energy on the ball, as most patterns I bowl on have a decent amount of head oil. I'll probably take that Tr2 up to 1000 Abralon finish also. Ha ha and after I win about 1000 dollars worth of brackets this tournament season, I might throw that Sx1 in there between the Q and the Sr2!

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:49 pm 

Budget is always a consideration regardless of whos stuff you throw. You should find the Motiv balls very competitively priced, especially the QZ's. Best of luck to you & let us know how your arsenal works out.

Motiv Staff Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:56 pm 

Sure will Bob, and thanks for the advice!

Silver Rx1
Sr2
Primal Impulse
Bad weather ball
Storm Ice Spareball

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]