Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:17 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Mid-Price to Entry Level balls
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:36 pm 

Hey Scott,

Do you guys plan to release any mid-level balls? Also do you plan to have any entry level as well as following the industry and have a pure urethane with a real core? If so when do you see these coming down the pike. I really like the way the Tx rolls.

Thanks for your time
JD

Post subject: Re: Mid-Price to Entry Level balls
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:36 pm 

Guys, MOTIV is going to have mid-price and entry level balls in the
near future.But is there any suggestions on covers and cores we would
like to see? In the mean time lets all get our friends and family
into MOTIV equipment.Let's help to keep this great company growing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:19 pm 

My pro-shop recently got a brochure of Motiv but many of the people that go in and look at it are sceptical because it is "new". So they all told me they are going to wait to see how I like the Motiv equipment, which I will probably LOVE, then they say they will make their decisions from that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:34 am 

I have drilled up TR2, SX1 and GT1 and I will tell you that every person that has seen me throw them are impressed. I work in a shop up here and they are getting a lot of talk. We have a TX1 given to us by the owner of the distribution center up here and it is a little long for me but WOW the hitting strength just flat out shock people and with out fitting correctly. Great equipment guys.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:22 am 

I'm sure some people will be a little hesitant to purchase a Motiv ball just because the company is considered 'new'. However, I express to my customers that they've been in the bowling business for over 20 years & are experts at core manufactoring. As advocates of their products, we need to try to convince the customers that Motiv bowling balls are of high quality and would work very well for them. Most bowlers will be sold once they see someone throw the equipment and see for themselves the reaction and hitting power they would get from throwing one of the Motiv balls.

As for mid-priced balls, I am sure they will come out with some in the future, but it is better to have a smaller line of balls that are very highly regarded than to 'blanket' every price sector and flood the market with stuff. Motiv has 4 excellent balls on the market now and I am glad to be associated with them.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:53 am 

Regarding the quality of MOTIV balls.The quality is the best on the market.The cores,covers ,chemicals used in production,etc.The problem
I'm having is a few pro shop owners in the Detroit area are bad mouthing
the company and,refusing to even order the ball for the customer.The
second problem that I'm hearing is false statements concerning the
covers of the balls.Two pro shop owners ,have told friends of mine
that MOTIV does not use high quality chemicals for the covers
and, only use off the shelf chemicals.This type of false info is what is
hurting the sales of MOTIV at this moment.Some people I run into say
they are going to wait until MOTIV starts using quality chemicals before
they buy a ball.I don't know what the problem is with these owners,but
they are two of the larger pro shops in the Detroit area and ,should
know better than to drive away business in today's economy.If they tell
one person and, that person tells one or more just think how many people have heard incorrect info about MOTIV.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:45 pm 

coolerman wrote:
The second problem that I'm hearing is false statements concerning the covers of the balls. Two pro shop owners, have told friends of mine that MOTIV does not use high quality chemicals for the covers
and, only use off the shelf chemicals.

That's basically what my pro shop told me about 900 Global when I asked what he thought of them a while back. His exact words were "they use inferior" products, and I assume he meant the chemicals/resins. They use BASF technology as far as I know, and that's a company that makes their resin and has been around for quite some time if I'm not mistaken. So I think what my pro shop was referring to is just that 900 Global didn't use modern cover technology like other companies. Or something like that perhaps.

Maybe the pro shops are thinking the same thing about Motiv, but even if that's true, I say that new does not mean the best. Look how many people like the 900 Global and AMF stuff now. I hope people could just look passed this possibility and see Motiv for another company making quality products.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:58 pm 

I guess I am lucky being in the Northwest. No one is bad mouthing the company just asking how long they have been around. So some of our people who are not sure about it we make surethey feel comfortable since the easiest way for us at our shop to is to show them and pretty much everyone has the same reaction..."WoW". I think that motiv will come on strong and I am so glad we decided to bring them in our shop. Plus there is only 3 shops listed up here that have them and ours is one. :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:17 pm 

coolerman - why are these pro shops "bad mouthing" Motiv equipment? Have they ever met the Motiv people like Scott W. and/or Scott H.? On what grounds are they basing their opinion? It seems to me that, given the economic state that region is facing, people in Michigan (especially the Detroit area) should wish any company employeeing people well! If Motiv is successful and grows that can only mean employeeing other people that need a job. Duh!!

striker07 - how do those pro shops know what type/quality of materials are used in Motiv's coverstock? What or whom are their sources for this accusation? Sounds like a bunch a immature gossiper's that have too much time on their hands. Most likely they are getting free stuff from some other ball company & feel they have to trash the competition. . weak!
I never understood the need of some pro shops, ball reps and their companies always trashing the other companies. Every ball manufacture has some good bowling balls in their line. Motiv happens to have all 4 of their balls to be very good, both in quality & performance. The coverstocks are very ez to tweak and adjust the reaction.

Sorry to get on my soap box but I'm just tired of some of this peddy, junvenile stuff. Do what I've done . . to my best customers, I sale them a Motiv ball and give them 30-days to bring it back if they do not like it. I either change the layout, tweak the coverstock, or give them credit on another ball. They are my best sales people for pushing Motiv balls. Oh, I've never got one of the balls back! :D

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:50 pm 

Bad mouthing a company that is in your state,that is in need of
good economic news and business growth, just does not make sense.
MOTIV is an American product , made by American workers,made with
American products.You would think Michigan workers would love this.
Also, these mush heads, bad mouthing a local company will say good
things when MOTIV starts growing into a bigger player in the ball
market.I personally have got a lot of bowlers of all ages
to purchase MOTIV equipment just by talking up the product .I wish
we had a larger choice of American auto companies.The more quality
ball companies the better it is for all of us.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next