MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:25 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Shining up an SR2?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:20 pm 

Over the weekend in competed in my first real tournament bowling.... the house threw out a pattern that was challenging for everyone, i found it more then a bit challenging as I am not very comfortable playing straight up 5, board 7-33 was flooded with heavy oil. I played all 3 games with my SR2 and when i was able to get through 5 cleanly the ball grabbed hard on the back end and hit like a truck. I was happier then normal with the reaction of the ball as it went real long with a strong back end move. On a house shot the ball is just a bit to aggressive for my liking. If i move deep, it doesn't seem to hit hard, and if i move in it reads to early. I'm debating using the Motiv polish to try and get a similar reaction on a house patter that i got on the heavy oil. I have never altered a cover and would like to know if my theory on polishing is true? Will polish give me the length I'm looking for and still hold energy for the back end?

Little about myself- high revs (never thrown on cats so i cant give a number), speed in the mid 15mph range, low 16's if I get angry lol. As far as the SR2 goes ill include a pic, pin below middle finger with cg kicked right almost below my ring finger.

Attachments:
File comment: sorry for the glare
IMG00251-2.jpg
IMG00251-2.jpg [ 132.15 KiB | Viewed 774 times ]

Motiv-ate your game
(R)QZ1/GT1/SR2/SX1

Sig T soon I hope, Maybe a Raptor for X-mas

Post subject: Re: Shining up an SR2?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:47 pm 

I will second blueliners thoughts in that the condition was "challenging", although I think outright BRUTAL is better. We actually got to bowl on the same pair during qualifying. Good news is there were actually three different people (Blueliner, myself and another bowler) all throwing MOTIV. Now onto your question. I obviously got to see you throw. The SR comes from the factory sanded to 2000 then polished. If your looking to use it on a house shot, then you may want to take it 4000, then repolish. A second option is leave it as is a get something a little tamer for the house shot, like a QZ. You said this was your first tournament. If you plan to bowl more, your going to want to build your arsenal up. That conditon, while rough, is actually pretty typical of what tournament conditons are getting to be like. Just my 2 cents. If you want to talk some more. Let me know and I can send you my private email and get my number to you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:41 pm 

Phil Kaiser wrote:
I will second blueliners thoughts in that the condition was "challenging", although I think outright BRUTAL is better. .

Fair enough Phil...... brutal sure does describe my afternoon well.

I had debated taking the SR2 up to 4000 and then re-polishing the ball, however I had planned to see what adding a good deal of polish to the cover at 2000 would do at first, if its going to be no different the OOB then ill just move right to 4000. I do plan to play more tournaments but not until next year, but so much has changed in the short time I've been away from bowling that I'm building my arsenal as i learn. Also i do currently have a QZ1 red in the bag, ill add a pic of that layout as well. It gives me decent length with a nice move at the back end, but still to strong to go up 5. Ill add my email so we can discuss further, but what I'm looking for is a layout on the next ball, or just an alteration to a current ball in my line up that will allow me to play up 5 with a real strong back end, I need to work on playing a straight game, its currently very uncomfortable for me, and nothing in the bag will really allow me to do that on a house shot.

Thanks again..... Colton

(email- tinsmon.colton@gmail.com)

Attachments:
IMG00247-2.jpg
IMG00247-2.jpg [ 108.85 KiB | Viewed 733 times ]

Motiv-ate your game
(R)QZ1/GT1/SR2/SX1

Sig T soon I hope, Maybe a Raptor for X-mas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:06 pm 

Colton,

Check your email.