MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:42 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: the tx1
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:36 pm 

can someone help me please i just got the tx1 drilled it with the pin just above my middle finger and the cg just to the right of my palm and now it flares over my thumb and fingers this is not the reaction i was looking for but it is the layout that the people at motiv suggested to me please help thanks

Post subject: Re: the tx1
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:39 pm 

whats the pin distance from PAP? what kind of track did you have on your old equipment, low or high?

Motiv-ate your game
(R)QZ1/GT1/SR2/SX1

Sig T soon I hope, Maybe a Raptor for X-mas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:13 pm 

i have a high track and not to sure about the pap maybe four inch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:12 pm 

Well my layout vs. reaction knowledge is not as strong as I would like but from the info your giving, compared to the drilling layouts sent with each Motiv ball, it looks like you have a leverage/length layout for someone with a low track. This layout doesn't make your track low it's designed for a low track player. My guess is that your release is more straight up the back of the ball thus causing your track to be high naturally, try coming around the ball off your release adding more rotation and you should see your track drift away from your thumb, or have the ball re-drilled. This is my understanding of the equipment and situation.... hope this helps, and if I am mistaken, hopefully someone points it out.

Motiv-ate your game
(R)QZ1/GT1/SR2/SX1

Sig T soon I hope, Maybe a Raptor for X-mas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:07 am 

If your normal track is close to your fingers & thumb then your PAP distance has to be 5 1/4" or more, and not 4". This is significant when choosing a layout for your equipment. I have a 5" x 3/8" up PAP and I rarely drill anything w/pin past the center of my grip. A weight hole in the lower, left thumb quadrant should pull your bow-tie down alittle & thus may keep it from flaring entirely over the thumb hole. Or just plug & redrill w/pin above your bridge or more towards your ring finger. A release change as suggested will also help but that requires practice to consistantly reproduce the release. Hope this helps & best of luck.

Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Xtreme Dealear Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:52 am 

I have my TX-1 drilled exactly same as yours but I am a low track player which my PAP is 4-1/4" over 0 & it works excellent for me. If your usual track is near your finger & thumb which means that your track a around 5"-5-1/2" then this layout is probably not work for you unless you are extremely high revs guy... :o

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]