MOTIV

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:31 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: next ball release
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:44 pm 

What is going to be next ball release...i have the gt1 and tx1...shot 714 high 266 with gt1 other nite..willl not use any other product! tr2 for me never have enough oil where i bowl stickin to the gt1 and tx1 punch! Thanks so very much for bringing these great balls to market!

Jeff SW FLORIDA

Post subject: Re: next ball release
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:33 am 

I think SR2 sounds like a good combination....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:00 pm 

How about the Sigma core with a pearl version of the MOTIVat-R cover.
We can call it SMR1. The color can be red.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:33 pm 

was wondering if there is a sequel to the sx1??

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:35 pm 

coolerman wrote:
How about the Sigma core with a pearl version of the MOTIVat-R cover.
We can call it SMR1. The color can be red.

Thats what the SR2 would be, S=Sigma core, R=MOTIVator:R, 2 its the second ball with the Sigma core.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:37 pm 

As Brian mentioned, the SR2 is the next release - November 1. The RG and diff will be identical to the SX1, but the cover will be much more aggressive - MOTIVat/R, same as on the TR2. The intention is for the SR2 to be exactly what Brett described - a ball that will go a little longer than the GT1 and give you more angular movement toward the kill zone. You guys have this covered already!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:49 pm 

I wouldn't mind seeing a asymmetrical urethane ball!!! That would be different if anything.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:28 pm 

brettallenspangler wrote:
Scott Hewitt wrote:
As Brian mentioned, the SR2 is the next release - November 1. The RG and diff will be identical to the SX1, but the cover will be much more aggressive - MOTIVat/R, same as on the TR2. The intention is for the SR2 to be exactly what Brett described - a ball that will go a little longer than the GT1 and give you more angular movement toward the kill zone. You guys have this covered already!

Scott, I didn't want to let the cat out of the bag if you guys were keeping it under wraps. I am certain that I speak for the masses when I say I am VERY excited for the SR2. Any clues on color?

The Motiv line is already so well rounded. You guys continue to fill the small gaps that exist.

Brian, urethane is fantastic to have in a product line, but you can get away without it when given a smooth, controllable cover and a clever layout. I drilled an SX1 80 x 6 1/4 x 60. The layout delays the core and tames it a good deal. The cover is very smooth on its own. What I have in that ball is better than a urethane because it's useable on the same patterns and is less likely to leave flat corners when I tug it into the puddle. Just a thought. If it is too flippy, just knock it down to 2000 grit. It still won't hook too much because the core is neutralized for the most part.

I believe its going to be black with Orange logo's.

As far as drilling I have a SX1 with a 6" pin (dont do dual angle) and it rolls great, but I have a 550 rev rate so sometimes no matter how you tame down resin it is going to hook, I've been in Detroit watching the World Series and on the shorter patterns and the burn a lot of guys were throwing urethane, I even seen a powder blue hammer, so like you said there is a spot for one.

I am doing another SX1 with a 1" pin as well.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:23 am 

I hear what you are saying about the dual angles, and I have listened to Mo Pinel a couple different times, but it just seems like I can get to the same spot with the ball reaction as I can doing the dual angle.

I personally think as long as you know core shape and Diffs, RG's and PAP you can get were you want.

Just my opinions.

It also helps to have great bowling balls in your hand.

So what do you think of a 1" pin on the SX1 with the CG 1" right of my center grip?
I dont know top weight yet will have it next week.

Once I get all my Motiv equipment drilled up I will do some pictures of the layouts and video reviews.

Brian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:32 pm 

thats the great thing about ball drilling, there really is not a wrong way as long as the customer is happy.

You think its easier to use dual angle, and I thinks its harder.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next